Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
I need a pocket pistol >

I need a pocket pistol

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I need a pocket pistol

Old 01-14-2020, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Default I need a pocket pistol

I need a pocket pistol. My regular every day carry switches between my Glock 17 and a Springfield xds .45.

I need something smaller for the rare occasions I can't carry on my belt or in the waist band.

Has to fit in a pocket.
I prefer no manual safety. But would consider options with a manual safety if need be.
i prefer 9mm but would at least consider .380 if I need to.

main thing is it has to be small but reliable, no junk.

I had my heart set on either a glock43 or the sig p365 but they aren't small enough I don't think.

What else is on the market that I could consider.

Price isn't a consideration really but I'm not looking to drop a grand on this either.

-Jake
Old 01-14-2020, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

I like the Sig P938, although it has a manual safety. Or perhaps the Kahr CM9?
Old 01-14-2020, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

I'm planning on carrying it in one of those pocket sleeves, like a wallet that the pistol slides in to.

-Jake
Old 01-14-2020, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

I will say, however, that I normally carry my P938 in an OWB holster in Condition 1. When I pocket carry, its Condition 3.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.amderringer.com/m1.html When I want a gun with punch I can carry in my pocket I carry one of these.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Nowadays, there doesn't seem to be much difference in size between the pocket 380s and the pocket 9mms. I suppose some of the Kel-Tec 380s are pretty tiny, but who wants to trust their life to a Kel-Tec?
Old 01-14-2020, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

It might be a tad too big --- My own Smith & Wesson 357 Magnum M19 Snubby revolver with a 2 1/2" barrel.

Old 01-14-2020, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
Nowadays, there doesn't seem to be much difference in size between the pocket 380s and the pocket 9mms. I suppose some of the Kel-Tec 380s are pretty tiny, but who wants to trust their life to a Kel-Tec?
MY kel tec p-11 has an easy 5500 rounds thru it and has worked flawless over the past 20+ yrs I have it ?( and I sold a few hundred of there brand guns and most also worked just fine some very impressive to be honest)

I'd have no issue carrying it if I wanted to! and I have at times!

after selling almost 20,000 guns, and shooting thousands of them,of many makes names and models, I know for a fact ALL can have issue's!
and there are NOT really any ILL made guns today, due to all the lawyers out there
are there better built/designed guns, YES< but seen some of them have issue's too

any gun you carry, should be tested and used a bunch to be sure it likes what ammo your using and HOW you can handle it!
Old 01-14-2020, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Seen too many problematic Kel-Tecs to trust them - far greater than their proportion. The PF-9, for instance, is unpleasant to shoot even when it works properly.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

I totally agree with above post. I had a Kel-tec 380 cal. and had problems jamming, doubling feeding etc.

when I first got the gun I bought a box of ammo and had issues with that brand so I ended up buying 2 different brands of ammo and still had issues. In addition, other co workers lent me different 380 ammo to no avail.

At this point, I contacted Kel-Tec and sent the gun back with a note with each brand of ammo I tried. They fixed the rail and slide and sent the gun back after test firing with a note indicating they tried 5 out of 6 brands of ammo I used.

Within a month, I traded that gun in for a Ruger LCP 380 that fits nicely in my pants pocket. I never had a issue firing this gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.