Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

350 Legend

Old 01-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
Making a straight-walled cartridge specifically to comply with the hunting restriction but to perform differently than the existing options. Reminds me of the many slug shogun innovations, or the multi-headed showers to avoid shower head flow restriction laws.
NoMercy I meant to quote CubSlayer's post earlier and not your's.
Cub, can you please tell me what existing options you're talking about? Anything that compares to the Legend ballistically is a bottle neck cartridge which would be illegal in the states where it was designed. Some of these states have several cartridge restrictions besides being straight walled. Minimum bullet diameter and minimum case length are a couple other restrictions. The legend has less recoil than the .243 and much less than the 450 Bushmaster making it an ideal cartridge for youngsters and smaller framed women. I got it to play with and just maybe the PGC will allow semi auto rifles for big game soon. But for now I can use it to play with and will likely use it should I get out to Ohio to hunt deer.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

not much off from the 357 maximum in a rifle.
RR
Old 01-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
Making a straight-walled cartridge specifically to comply with the hunting restriction but to perform differently than the existing options. Reminds me of the many slug shogun innovations, or the multi-headed showers to avoid shower head flow restriction laws.
So if you substitute cars, planes, numerous appliances or even sodas in New York (sorry, I couldn't resist that one), would the innovations on all of these (not the sodas) to comply with newer and more stringent laws make you not buy the newer items? While I haven't read those particular states' game laws, I'm guessing their respective laws don't have some clause that states gun and ammo companies can't decide to manufacture new cartridges and rifles to comply with the new laws. Otherwise, this new cartridge would be illegal. Perhaps I'm missing something on this but it seems like a non starter. For everybody else, kudos on providing better information than the silly gun magazines which seem to think this is a 100 yard cartridge.

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-07-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
not much off from the 357 maximum in a rifle.
RR
You're correct RR. But even though most of the factory bullets loaded for the Legend are .355" the specs are stated as .357" -.003" which make it a legal round. Some states like Michigan state that the case length shall be a minimum of 1.6". Seems like a silly restriction as it makes the .44 mag illegal. And we all know that's a decent deer round. The Maximum just makes it at 1.605" case length.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:46 AM
Typical Buck

all i know & what i've heard & seen the 350 is a very good cartridge to use. like i said i first was against the 350. but looking into getting one now for ohio.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Anything that compares to the Legend ballistically is a bottle neck cartridge which would be illegal in the states where it was designed. Some of these states have several cartridge restrictions besides being straight walled. Minimum bullet diameter and minimum case length are a couple other restrictions.
That is exactly my point. The cartridge exists solely because the industry wants to get around these silly laws. They didn't pass these laws to spur innovation - they passed them to limit hunters to what lawmakers considered "acceptable" cartridges. The market responded by developing a new cartridge designed to perform as hunters would like while complying with serpentine laws designed to limit performance.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:01 AM
Fork Horn

Like I mentioned in my shower head analogy. Some states (and for a time, federal) limited the capacity of single shower heads, ostensibly to save water. How did the market respond? By building showers with multiple shower heads, thus obeying the law but nullifying the law's intended effect.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
So if you substitute cars, planes, numerous appliances or even sodas in New York (sorry, I couldn't resist that one), would the innovations on all of these (not the sodas) to comply with newer and more stringent laws make you not buy the newer items?
When did I say that?

If you're asking me personally, I do not live in such a state. For that and other reasons, this cartridge doesn't interest me, but that was never the intent of my comment.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

I have given it some thought incase I ever wanted to take a deer hunting trip to Ohio or Indiana. Would they allow a .44 magnum rifle? What about .44 mag in a revolver?
Old 01-08-2020, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, both legal for Ohio.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.