Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
what are you looking for??? >

what are you looking for???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what are you looking for???

Old 12-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Memtb2149

I had to look, to see if this was my post! Though, there are several firearms that will go to family. There are also a few that family can’t appreciate, as one is a “wildcat” and they don’t hand-load...... it will likely be sold( by me) to someone that can use and enjoy it! My greatest fear is that what took me a lifetime of careful selections and of financial sacrifice, will be merely sold or traded off with no thought of the history or what they meant to me. What means or meant so much to me......means so little to them! memtb
I feel 100% the same, I took so much time and care building the collection I have and its sad no one in my family cares at all about it!
cannot blame them, we all like what we like
but what a shame, to enjoy something so much and know, it ends with you, in your family!
one good thing I have found, SOME times, is, due to I have sold off a lot of things, I have been sort of able to sel to folks either my friends that I know appreciate things better, or just strangers that seem to have a passion for certain guns
has become some what enjoyable seeing some things pass on to others that do seem to value them!
Still sucks, selling things, but at some point in life, you have to make the call, to either NOT sell them and have them get sold to the first idiot with cash that makes the family a LOW ball offer and makes out, or, try and sell off before you go!
I spent the past 10 yrs ow thinning things, and glad I did I THINK LOL
Old 12-29-2019, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking for a finely built over under or semi auto trap shotgun.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll know it when I see it, right now in the market for a 22 pistol, a Smith & Wesson model 41 would be nice, will probably go with a ruger target. always looking for a star firestar 40 S&W.
RR
Old 12-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Spike

A couple of rifles just "Because I Can/Want To" a Savage 99 in 250/000 and a Marlin 1895 in .45-70.

This would give a rifle in most of the "popular" calibers. (.224, .257, .277, .308, .358 and .458.

Then maybe a non magnum in .338 and .375
Old 12-30-2019, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a heavy preference for the Ohio Gun Works - H.C.A.R. in 30-06.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Cal, I think the truth of the matter is , the more you hunt, and the longer you hunt, the more you realize what you do not need, you are no longer looking for the magic bullet because you realize there is no such thing.
OT, if I did that, my safe would get a lot emptier and I wouldn't need a 2nd safe. I could pretty much do 90% of my hunting or more with 3 rifles and a shotgun. But what would be the fun in that? Sometimes I just want to do something different.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
I will most probably look for a Model 71 Winchester as a gift for a nephew who recently expressed an interest. I am not a big lever action fan myself but he is. Casual purchases for myself might include a Remington 141 chambered in 35 to use on our annual "old rifle" hunt where everyone brings a classic old iron sighted rifle.
I wish I would have know this. I recently traded one in that was in perfect condition (a 141 in .35 Rem). I also had a nice model 71 that a guy bought off me on line a couple years ago. I sent it to his FFL in a hard case. After examining it he decided he didn't want it so he sent it back in just a box and kept my hard case! Well the dummy didn't pack it properly and when I received it the muzzle was protruding out of the box and the crown was damaged. I refused delivery and told him that I hope he had it insured because I refused it due to damage and I never gave him his money back. So I don't know if he ate. The last I heard was the PO still had it so I guess he insured it.

Last edited by bronko22000; 12-31-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I had enough wampum...I would buy a Thompson submachine gun.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I wish I would have know this. I recently traded one in that was in perfect condition (a 141 in .35 Rem). I also had a nice model 71 that a guy bought off me on line a couple years ago. I sent it to his FFL in a hard case. After examining it he decided he didn't want it so he sent it back in just a box and kept my hard case! Well the dummy didn't pack it properly and when I received it the muzzle was protruding out of the box and the crown was damaged. I refused delivery and told him that I hope he had it insured because I refused it due to damage and I never gave him his money back. So I don't know if he ate. The last I heard was the PO still had it so I guess he insured it.
That is just about average for my luck and timing! I seem to always be just a little too late for the fish to bite, the ducks to fly, or a perfect rifle to buy. The 141 rifles I have seen for sale usually look like they have been used for a crowbar and the 71 rifles do not seem to be getting less expensive with the passing of time.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

For various reasons of price and availability, all of my hunting rifles are carbon steel. This has been a problem from time to time. I'd like to get one in stainless, with a bedded stock. No particular make or model yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.