Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Glorius safe queens >

Glorius safe queens

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glorius safe queens

Old 12-16-2019, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Cal, based on the first post, I took the term "Safe Queen" to be a higher level, not an insult. As in "A gun so nice that I dare not shoot it". Like a new-in-the-box Colt Python.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry...no pics

But my "safe queen" rifle is too long to fit in my safe --- Which is a custom (Baltimore City gunsmith build) made 338 Winchester Magnum, Western stocked, Belgium FN action, with a kinda heavy Douglas barrel on it; along with a variable scope that isn't equipped with any vertical or horizontal turrets on it.

Last edited by Erno86; 12-16-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
Cal, based on the first post, I took the term "Safe Queen" to be a higher level, not an insult. As in "A gun so nice that I dare not shoot it". Like a new-in-the-box Colt Python.
I should have used a few "^^^"'s next to my 1st sentence about that's what I thought the OP was referring to--what you said. Guns that sit in the safe and are not used much. This is one of those subject areas where nobody is truly wrong because everybody needs to decide for themselves what is the appropriate amount of guns for them to own, safe queens or not. In my case, I need to get a bigger safe and then fill it with a lot of safe queens just because I want to.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few guns that I don't shoot often or are still projects that I haven't shot yet. I don't know if that makes them safe queens or not.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't hunt in states that require shotguns for deer anymore so I have an Ithica 37 that I seldom use but will keep it just in case. I do have a Henry Golden Boy 22LR that I keep around just because it is totally gorgeous. Someday I'll pass it on to a grandson when he is ready.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

A long while ago I traded a couple unfired Winchester commemorative rifles for a upper end Savage .22-250. I use the .22-250 a lot. No regrets.

I just sold about 10 guns that were seldom used if at all. One was a Belgium made Browning Sweet 16. Turned the money into two rifles and scopes that I use. No regrets.

I have a Winchester Model 94 30-30 with a factory installed plaque in the stock bearing my father's name. I did not shoot it for years. I figure it's collectors value is worthless to anyone but me or another family member. I now shoot it. This one will be a hand-me-down someday.

To each his own. I understand safe queens. I just decided to divorce mine !! ha ha
Old 12-17-2019, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Savvy trading and sales.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Over the past several years I thinned out my gun case to pay for a moose hunt...mainly duplicates and guns that weren't ever shot. Guns that are true safe queens that are not shot: my families 1863 Springfield in better condition than any I have seen in museums, and a Browning patent Belgian model 1922 .380 pistol, all matching serial numbers given to me by a close friend. His uncle captured it in Normandy in WW2. Really, all the rest of mine may not be shot frequently, but they aren't hidden away never to be shot, just not much chance to.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
This.

Here is a shot of the other side.
Attached Thumbnails Glorius safe queens-hk-p7-rail.jpg  
Old 12-22-2019, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Safe queens....lets see
all these

all these and a couple dozen others

got like 4 I use for the bit of hunting I get to do, but have a 338 edge just finished up at the smiths, and just got an AR10 6.5 creed in honor of the Dems. new gun control push
Its a disease I tell ya!
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.