Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Glorius safe queens >

Glorius safe queens

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glorius safe queens

Old 12-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Glorius safe queens

Lots of us have guns we cherish as works of art, that we won't shoot, but that we love to look at and/or fondle.

Here is mine. About 1x a month I take it out of my safe and gently caress it with a silicon cloth while blasting Wagner on my home theater system

Let's see yours...
Attached Thumbnails Glorius safe queens-2515_1.jpg  
Old 12-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Spike

Sorry, all of ours are tools, to be used.....Though, not abused! memtb
Old 12-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I don't use it, I don't have it. I am not a collector, I am a hunter.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I think that is one pretty on the eye's H&K<
I owned many p7m8/s and a few p7M13's as well!
a under rated gun in the line of pistols, Glock stole a lot of its fame IMO< getting known for many features the p7 had and was first to have!

and I have to admit I do regret selling the one's I did!
I don't post pic's of my safe queens, there for my eye's only,
or, not until I decide to part with them,
and sadly over the past 10 yrs or so, I sold a lot of them, no one in family cares for them, so rather sell them to folks that do, than see them left and sold to any idiot down the road when I kick! LOL
family seems to rather money over valuable firearms!
Old 12-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just dumped a few of my "safe queens" too. No sense keeping them if I ain't gonna use them. I still have a couple that I don't use, mostly shotguns. But these aren't anything fancy. Just work horse guns that I simply haven't had a chance to use. I love waterfowl hunting. But without a good retriever or a boat it makes for difficult hunting.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have those too.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Well...I thought I was that way, too.
Got 2 old M70s that I've use several times,
But, left the old Pre64 M70s put up for a less expensive rifle to hunt with this year.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have any "Safe Queens" in the regal sense, but I have two guns that don't get used very often - My AR-15 and the wife's .357 snubnose. They're both good guns, but I have little occasion to shoot them. The hunting rifles (all four of them) get the most rigorous use. I have to "sight" them about 10-12 times before hunting season. When in the mood, the handguns get their workout too, although the .357 snubbie gets less love.

Oh, I guess I also have an old Taurus PT99 that rarely gets used anymore. Also not a bad gun, but when you have a Walther P99, it's hard to justify.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

I think that's what the OP was referring to. Having a gun(s) that you don't use a lot and it primarily resides in your safe, not in the field. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Just about anybody who owns enough guns to have a gun safe will have guns that they rarely or possibly even never use. Some guns could have sentimental value. Some could be for hunting a critter that you don't hunt much anymore. There could be a lot of reasons for having guns that you don't use much. I think some of us possibly hang up on the term "safe queen" as though it means something negative, like a gun that doesn't perform well, etc. It could be something that just sits in the safe a lot. Back to you Valorius.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

also, if your into guns a lot at some point you do start to buy and collect guns that will be investments as well,
I know over my yrs collecting, hunting and shooting, I acquired a LOT of guns, based solely on the fact the price was right, and or I knew down the road I could sell them at a higher price if I ever wished to!
when I was younger and poorer, I could never imagine owning a gun I didn;t EVER shoot or use, but as time went by and my budget grew to allow for such things
LOL
I hate to say it, but I own several dozen of guns I never fired nor plan to!
maybe its wrong to some, but an investment is an investment, be it a firearm or a what ever!

I am sure we all have things we own and JUST having makes us happy to have them, and maybe don;t use them for what they are all the time,wanting them to last or again grow in value as time goes by!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.