Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
M&P Shield EZ >

M&P Shield EZ

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

M&P Shield EZ

Old 01-19-2020, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Rule #1 was directed to you. There rest was clearly to "everyone" as it says in my post.

Now rule #17 is also directed to you.

17. Forum rules and guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum. Anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place will be removed. Moderators of this forum are not to be argued with when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. Anyone arguing with a Moderator against disciplinary measures will be removed from the forum. If you have a problem with a Moderator please email [email protected] and we will address the issue as soon as possible.

Any further discussion on this you can take to PM with myself, another mod, or admin. Per HNIs rules.

-Jake
Old 01-19-2020, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

I can't seem to help myself stepping on rules inadvertently. Probably best to delete my account now. PM sent.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Your PM apparently went to somebody else (Admin and/or another Mod) but I'll go on record as saying you should reconsider. This place doesn't always run smoothly or without the occasional flamewar (some of them are actually kind of funny) but it does provide a somewhat unique niche for hunters, gun owners and political junkies. If you answer to all 3 of those labels, then you know what I'm saying.

Most of the opinions posted on this website (including yours) are valid and provide value, usefulness and sometimes priceless perspective. Being able to ask other people who have made a choice you're considering for their hindsight perspective on anything hunting or gun related (and even sometimes politically) is incredibly valuable and a large part of why this place exists. Obviously all of our combined wisdom and wit makes money for the parent company but for each of us and those thousand or so anonymous surfer/researchers who surf here because of the value that we all provide, this place is a great resource. As a resource, it can only be as good as ALL of the contributors of content and that includes you.

As always, it's your decision but I would suggest you reconsider. After all, if each of us left and took our ball home when somebody else offended us, this place would likely become a ghost town and somebody (maybe on another board or forum) would likely start calling us snowflakes.

p.s. You don't even wanna know how many people around here have stepped on themselves repeatedly and with apparent gusto. The vast majority of them are still around and actively posting by the way. Some took a day or 2 off to reflect. Others took a week or a month off And a few even took a self-imposed 6 months off but almost every one of them came back, especially after we kept posting on their hot button topics that they can't resist.

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-19-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I came seeking opinions and thoughts about all things hunting and guns. What I got instead was insecure people looking to ensure that the rest of us know how awesome and infallible they are. You don't know me personally, but I can assure you that being offended is not in my psyche. That too, was an unfounded assumption made by a number of members who, ironically, took offense at an unknown poster who dared to express an opposing opinion. Kinda defeats the whole point of a discussion forum.

No, it seems difficult for some to accept that the forum simply failed to live up to expectations, owing to the strange need many seem to have for personal validation instead of exchange of ideas. This is quite possibly the "anonymous Internet effect", as I usually enjoy fruitful discussions at hunting camps and in gun stores. Whatever the cause, assuming the role of the wide-eyed 12-year old freckled country boy waiting to absorb the wisdom of the small-town sages so he can hunt with the big boys is not my cup of tea.

But hey, maybe you're right. After all, the forum doesn't allow one to delete their account, so I might change my mind in time. Reminds me of that old British TV show "The Prisoner" where the balloon scoops up anybody trying to get away.