Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
M&P Shield EZ >

M&P Shield EZ

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

M&P Shield EZ

Old 01-02-2020, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

I came very close to buying a 380 ez when they were on sale with the rebate. Before doing so I checked on the Smith and Wesson Forum and found many complaining of stove piping the last round. They were thinking magazines but the issue hadn't been resolved yet. I'm sure the majority don't have that problem but it was enough to make me back away. In a way I'm glad because I wasn't too comfortable with their grip safety. It was too easy to not engage it if there was any sort of struggle or no time to acquire a perfect grip. It certainly fills a need in the market. I'm hoping another company follows suit.

I've only bought one Taurus 85 5 shot snub. Like many revolvers being sold today, the barrel was clocked off center. I hate buying on line. For something that simple you would think you'd get a straightforward answer from customer service since it was shooting to the left. But no, they left alot of doubt and would not pay shipping. So I pawned it with it's lifetime guarantee for someone else to deal with. Who knows, it may not bother them. It was another sale/rebate purchase and only cost me $20 to keep it for over a year. Really wasn't a bad handgun if it had shot to point of aim.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

bought one for my woman for Christmas.....will report back after thorough testing.
RR
Old 01-06-2020, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by grizzly 2
I came very close to buying a 380 ez when they were on sale with the rebate. Before doing so I checked on the Smith and Wesson Forum and found many complaining of stove piping the last round. They were thinking magazines but the issue hadn't been resolved yet. I'm sure the majority don't have that problem but it was enough to make me back away. In a way I'm glad because I wasn't too comfortable with their grip safety. It was too easy to not engage it if there was any sort of struggle or no time to acquire a perfect grip. It certainly fills a need in the market. I'm hoping another company follows suit.

I've only bought one Taurus 85 5 shot snub. Like many revolvers being sold today, the barrel was clocked off center. I hate buying on line. For something that simple you would think you'd get a straightforward answer from customer service since it was shooting to the left. But no, they left alot of doubt and would not pay shipping. So I pawned it with it's lifetime guarantee for someone else to deal with. Who knows, it may not bother them. It was another sale/rebate purchase and only cost me $20 to keep it for over a year. Really wasn't a bad handgun if it had shot to point of aim.
I have only one Taurus and it has been flawless. From what I've read, the revolvers are cheap S&W knockoffs. Some gunsmiths won't work on them. I'd stay away.

Their newer semiautomatics are getting decent reviews these days.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
I have only one Taurus and it has been flawless. From what I've read, the revolvers are cheap S&W knockoffs. Some gunsmiths won't work on them. I'd stay away.

Their newer semiautomatics are getting decent reviews these days.
This is backwards of the experience of almost anyone who has actually handled Taurus revolvers and pistols. Their steel revolver lines have been proven quality firearms for decades, whereas their non-Mil-clone pistol models, especially poly framed pistols, have had remarkable feeding, reliability, and safety issues.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448

This is backwards of the experience of almost anyone who has actually handled Taurus revolvers and pistols.
Um, no. I've handled and shot several Taurus revolvers. I'd stick with S&W or Ruger.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

nomercy, you couldn't beat good information into this one with a stick if you tried. He already knows it and has it all figured out.

-Jake
Old 01-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for reminding me why I generally don't bother with hunting forums. Too much *rule 1 violation* waving, too little information.

Last edited by Bocajnala; 01-18-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

You were given good information.

-Jake
Old 01-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I was given opinion, but I dared to raise a differing opinion. You also provided a healthy dose of *rule 1 violation* waving, hence the flippant disregard for any dissent.

Last edited by Bocajnala; 01-18-2020 at 09:24 PM. Reason: *rule 1 violation*
Old 01-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

I owe you an apology- publicly. I've been unnecessarily hard on you. And it has clearly hurt your feelings and made you not want to be a part of the forum. So, I'm sorry.

But let me try again, with a different approach. From your posts you seem to be new to hunting. And probably new to fire arms as well. There are some members here with a ton of knowledge, experience, and good things to offer if you're willing to listen to them.

No mercy said that your statement was opposite of what most people 'in the know' would say. That was a correct and factual statement- not an opinion. You came back with a "no"... Again, his statement was a fact, not an opinion. Most people who have been around, know that taurus has quality revolvers but a bad history with their pistols- the opposite of what you were saying.

You're welcome to feel differently. But his statement was still correct. Most people would say the opposite. His statement had nothing to do with your personal opinion or experience. Merely stating that what you said was the opposite of most people's experience.

I'll lighten up and you consider learning from some of these guys who have allot to offer.

​​​​​​-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.