Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 870 12ga (as I posted on Facebook. LOL...) >

Remington 870 12ga (as I posted on Facebook. LOL...)

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 870 12ga (as I posted on Facebook. LOL...)

Old 11-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Remington 870 12ga (as I posted on Facebook. LOL...)

Hmmm... I posted this yesterday on Facebook and have not gotten banned by them (yet), but who knows.

"Since there was a gun show this weekend at RIR, I wanted to make yet, another Pro-2nd Amendment posting on Facebook:
Who on here DOESN'T own the famous, the ubiquitous, the "Ford F150 of shotguns"... The one, the only, the Remington 870 pump action 12ga shotgun!"
(2nd post/comment by me)
"Oh, and before anyone freaks out... It is unloaded, the chamber is open, and the pump action slide is pulled back (opening the chamber)."

So, with that said, who else is a fan of the classic Rem 870? It's everywhere! Every deer camp, every duck blind, all across the good ol' USA, the 870 is around!
Old 11-11-2019, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Facebook doesn’t prohibit firearms posts, only sales. Hate speech, threats, and violence are also naturally prohibited.

Lots of folks post quite regularly regarding firearms. I try to limit my own exposure, as I’ve been a part of professional interview processes where potential employee social media is snooped, and have been on hiring teams to see firsthand that a great deal of emphasis can be placed on any particular political leaning, but I do know many, many of us post firearm photos, participated in shooting sports groups, follow firearms businesses, etc. Just can’t sell firearms through Facebook.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I knew about sales, as does everyone... I just like to "stir the pot" as they say and talk about firearms, ammo, gun shows, etc... on Facebook. I don't give a hoot who sees it or what they think. We still have the 1st Amendment from what I understand.

As far as employers, hiring teams, etc... snooping around Facebook on a prospective candidate for hire, I am "friends" with my own boss on Facebook, and he cracks up at my posts all the time!
Old 11-12-2019, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a matching set of them in 16 gauge, from like when they first were made in 16 gauge!
and a few others of more modern era!
Old 11-12-2019, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

I set my feet firmly in the Mossberg camp when I bought that ugly camo 12 gauge on the top. I was eleven years old and used lawn mowing money. I've used that pump for everything from deer to doves. Squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, grouse, ducks and geese, woodcock, and snipe. Turkeys too. Probably some more I'm forgetting. It's ugly, beat up, and gets some laughs. But my game bag is usually full at the end of a hunt.

The 20ga on the bottom is my wife's.

Dad has some 870s that I play with from time to time just to appreciate a fine firearm. An wingmaster in 16 gauge is a pleasure to carry and shoot. And an Express in 12 or 20 is a do-it all option for allot of people.

-Jake
Old 11-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have several 870's but would never call them a four letter word like Ford
Old 11-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Don't own one, but its on my radar incase I discover that my little Ithaca 20 gauge cannot put turkeys down for me.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
...on Facebook. I don't give a hoot who sees it or what they think. We still have the 1st Amendment from what I understand.
Not on Facebook. It’s a privately held company, and they have the right to enforce any policy they choose, as has been proven in recent federal review.

But it’s exhausting to see so many “pot stirrers” which really aren’t, because they imagine themselves thumbing their nose to some fictitious, fascist, liberal enemy behind the keys at FB HQ. Facebook doesn’t care about firearms posts - as long as they aren’t sales or threatening.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Not on Facebook. It’s a privately held company, and they have the right to enforce any policy they choose, as has been proven in recent federal review.
Sorry, but its not as simple as you think. PragerU and several other creators are suing these companies for their policies. How? Companies like Facebook want immunity for content, so they claim to be "message boards", but that claim comes with strings. If they want to regulate content, they become "publishers" and are thus not immune from liability for content.

In short, these companies want it both ways, and the courts are starting to push back.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by grinder67
i have several 870's but would never call them a four letter word like ford
LOL...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.