Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
FINALLY - I went to the range today with my Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP >

FINALLY - I went to the range today with my Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

FINALLY - I went to the range today with my Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP

Old 10-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default FINALLY - I went to the range today with my Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 ACP

I know this is mainly a hunting forum, but if anyone shoots handguns too (especially the legendary 1911 .45 ACP) then this thread is for you:

Good Lord... I feel so ashamed.

I know I haven't been to the range in a while, and as seen in my target - it seriously shows.
Man, I was all over the place on this particular target. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, you know?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, in case anyone wants that homemade target, easily printed out on 8½ x 11 computer paper, here you go... Just right click on it... Save as... Then print the target on your own printer. You can clearly see the bullseye rings from a good distance away, so it could be used as a really cool rifle target too!

Old 10-13-2019, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well look on the bright side. At least you hit the target. Some of the horror stories my cousin used to tell me about him running qualification courses for the local police were really scary. Some of them hit the ground 3 feet in front of the target at 12 yards! I observed this first hand one evening when I hit a deer with my vehicle and called the PGC. They asked if I could contact the local police to dispatch it for me which I did. The officer came and as the deer lay there suffering he proceeded to miss, graze and hit it in a non-vital area from about 10 ft away. I was about to go up and hit the poor thing in the head with a rock or ask if I could use his handgun when he finally got closer and put a bullet in its brain. And these guys are supposed to protect us! I know not all are this bad but there is enough of them out there from what I've heard.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

That's better than most people will do at twenty five feet. Keep at it.

-Jake