Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Dream guns you'd like to own someday >

Dream guns you'd like to own someday

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Dream guns you'd like to own someday

Old 08-14-2019, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Dream guns you'd like to own someday

If money wasn't an obstacle and you could find exactly what you wanted, what gun would you like to own someday? I can think of a few I'd like to own someday:

Freedom Arms Model 83 Premium Grade 500 Wyoming Express.
Weatherby Mark V Accumark 338-378 Weatherby Magnum
Big Horn Armory Model 90 460 S&W lever action
Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Magnum
Thompson/Center Encore rifle w/ full bull 24-26" 460 S&W barrel
Thompson/Center Encore rifle w/ full bull 24-26" 221 Fireball barrel
Thompson/Center Encore pistol w/ 15", muzzlebraked 270 Winchester barrel
Custom Remington XP-100

What about y'all?
Old 08-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

I guess I'm pretty boring. I got everything that I've really wanted. The main wishes I had were a Savage 99 , (I 've got two of those now) a .45-70(have a Marlin) , and a classic pump 760 (got one in .300 Savage) I've been through a truckload of other centerfires from .223s to .458s and have enjoyed them all. But those few rifles, plus a .30-40 krag from my mom's dad and a R700 .30-06 from my dad's dad are permanent in my safe. The rest can come and go as I feel the fancy.

​​​​​​

I suppose if money was no object I would get the kids set up with what they need. It would be nice to get each of them a nice model youth rifle to start out with. Of course theyll each need shotguns and .22s as well.

The way things sit now they'll be using hand me downs and sharing stuff. The same way I was coming up.

-Jake
Old 08-15-2019, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always wanted another match grade 1911, one of those guns I sold I really wish I had back. I'd also like a match grade M1A1. I've always had a fondness for the military firearms I was first trained on.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’m much the same - if I want something, I get it. I have a few guilty pleasures which I can’t bring myself to buy, and a few fleeting “hey, that would be fun,” ideas which don’t last long, but really, if I want something, I either have already bought it, am currently built/bought it, or haven’t realized that I want it yet.

The one I’m saving my pennies towards right now is an NFA HK MP5. I’m a little undecided at this point whether I want to get a stamped version, or upgrade to an SOT/Manufacturer and either get a demo rifle or build my own from a cut receiver. The math works out that becoming an SOT could be considerably cheaper, I’d just have to destroy/surrender it when I close up shop. Absolutely no field application for it, but I want one, have the disposable income for one, and this is America.

I’d also like to build a 480 Ruger on a large frame Ruger Vaquero. I have the 480 Ruger Super Blackhawk donor, just haven’t taken the time to source another large frame Vaquero and start transferring parts. That little project has been pushed so far to the back burner, it’s fallen completely off of the back of the stove. But I have 1/3 of the battle won, I’m within about $700 to complete it.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

"New John Rigby & Company Big Game Deluxe 416 Rigby Mauser --- That includes a free African safari!!!

Starting bid: $15,750.00

Here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/826738234
Old 08-15-2019, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I could pick anything today, practical or not, it would be a bespoke Holland & Holland Royal "best gun", with extractors, chambered in .500/.450 NE, a bit of engraving, and made to my measurements. It would take a year or two to make, and a really big sack full of cash. I could just pop by and get measured next time I visit our office in London.

How long do you think it would take to bank a couple hundred thousand pounds using Go Fund Me?
Old 08-15-2019, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

You got $10 from me B.U. just tell me where to send it!

Of course I'll want to stop by and shoot it once you get it in.

-Jake
Old 08-15-2019, 07:40 PM
Spike

At my age I'm interested only in hunting guns so no unfired investments grade safe queens. And both my kids make way more money than I ever have so they can buy their own.

For me...
A 1895 Guide rifle in 45-70 and a Model 70 in 25-06 would fill in gaps in my collection. I could probably get either or both any time I want to, I just have to decide when.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only rifle that I've never owned and always dreamed of having is a fine English double rifle in 375 H&H. But now at my age I'd likely never use it.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

My great grandfather's civil war rifle that my father sold when I was in the military during the 1960's. He might have received $25 for it back then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.