Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Tristar Hunter Mag >

Tristar Hunter Mag

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tristar Hunter Mag

Old 07-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tristar Hunter Mag

Anyone have any experience with this 12 GA O/U? I'm interested in how this gun might perform on turkeys. It has 3.5" chambers, 26" barrels, Benelli style screw in chokes and a Mossy Oak Break-Up camo finish.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.tristararms.com/products...mag/overunder/

looks good for an import , but at 7.6 lbs recoil of the full 3.5" mag shells may be noticeable
Old 07-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Can't be much worse than my old Mossberg 835. I've also been using a Browning Gold 3 1/2 Stalker for the past several years on spring birds but I'm getting a little tired of lugging that thing around, especially with it's 28" barrel. I've also considered swapping that barrel for a 24" but the price of the TriStar Hunter is not a whole lot more than the price of a new Browning barrel.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

let us know how you feel about that shotgun after youve had the time to take it out and hunt with it a few times,
it looks like it could be a darn good value
Old 07-13-2019, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't bought the gun yet which is why I was looking for input but I did find this short video review.

If I were planning to use it for something where I would be putting a lot of rounds through it, like trap shooting, I might be more concerned about long term reliability and would probably consider higher priced models from the better known manufacturers with the expectation that they would be of better build quality and would take more abuse. However, if I am only planning to use the gun for spring turkey hunting it is not going to see that many rounds fired though it and should last for many seasons.