Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 11-87 20 gauge compact >

Remington 11-87 20 gauge compact

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 11-87 20 gauge compact

Old 06-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Spike

Default Remington 11-87 20 gauge compact

Hi guys
Guys, trying to get a question answered here before I spend some time with Remington on the phone.

Been trying to get my young and very short 9 year old a gun for skeet shooting/duck hunting/ and the occasional turkey hunt.

I have settled on the 11-87 20 gauge (I think). Model 83626

The LOP is still a little long as it is the same as a youth 870 she has shot (13”), but after some reading I have found that 870 stocks will work on the 1100/11-87 as well. Remington makes a compact Jr stock (12” LOP model 19528).

Will this work on this gun? I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t except if the recoil/action tube is too long. Anyone done this or heard of this being done?

Thanks all for concern as I’m new on here but not on other forums
Old 06-18-2019, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not an expert here, but I know back when I had my gun shop, a 870 stock would NOT fit on a 11/87
and most all stocks sold, had different part numbers when you looked them up(I was a rem authorized dealer too)
and I am pretty sure the stock you want to add will not fit due to the recoil system, its too short!

also something to keep in mind when teaching younger smaller framed shooters, is its NOT just the length of pull on stocks that causes them fitting issue's
its also the group to trigger length that causes them discomfort and poor fitting
, something very very few OEM gun makers , have modified for youth model guns!
some to make some that are WAY better fitting all over for smaller framed shooters, but many, just take a full sized gun and trim some off the butt of a the stock, and that is a piss poor way to fit a gun to a kid/small frame shooter IMO!

have you seen this gun, or thought about it as an option, , when I was into sheet/sporting clay's and trap,
28's were great for teaching kids and women , ammo little harder to find, but not impossible and several nice guns to pick from
this one is close to the stock you want right off the get go, and cheaper gun, that if your kid, doesn;t like it, you can get out of it close to what you have in it

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...ategory=201713

or this and just cut stock down<

https://www.rkguns.com/charles-daly-...n-930-138.html
Old 06-20-2019, 07:53 PM
Spike

Thanks for the write up and info
Old 06-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Spike

Thanks!! I liked this one gun - Mossberg International SA-28
Old 06-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Rem. 11-87 (regular size) and a youth stock for it for my daughter's use. Been a wonderful combination over the years. Remington makes a youth stock for an 11-87.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rogerstv
I bought a Rem. 11-87 (regular size) and a youth stock for it for my daughter's use. Been a wonderful combination over the years. Remington makes a youth stock for an 11-87.
oh that’s great .
its really a good combination for her