Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
A DIY project >

A DIY project

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A DIY project

Old 05-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default A DIY project

Getting frustrated trying to find a set of Pachmayr grip and forearm for my Encore I got to looking and figuring out what to do so I can sling it. Well with a little of my Polish ingenuity I decided to remove the cover plate on the pistol grip. I searched my box of bolts nuts washers etc and found a 1" fender washer. Laying it on the backside of the cover I marked where the screw holes were and filed notches in the washer. Searching in my misc. gun parts box I found a swivel stud with machine threads and a nut. Luckily the hole in the fender screw was the same diameter as the stud shaft. So holding the washer in place I drilled a 1/4" hole in the cover plate and installed the swivel stud. I had to cut off the excess threads so it would fit back on the pistol. After installation I noticed that the washer was visible between the grip and the cover. So I removed the stud and washer and cut the sides of the washer. Reinstallinge and it looked good. Installing a swivel and sling it was time to check the strength of this project. Holding it by the sling only and bouncing it up and down (over the couch just in case) it was good and solid. I then had to order a barrel band to fit a.750" - .800" barrel. After that easy installation and putting on the sling she's all set for hunting season.<br />
Attached Thumbnails A DIY project-dscn0932.jpg   A DIY project-dscn0933.jpg   A DIY project-dscn0934.jpg   A DIY project-dscn0935.jpg  
Old 05-29-2019, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like it ought to work just fine!
Old 05-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Looks good to me. As long as it's all solid, that's what counts

-Jake
Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 PM
Spike

Looks pretty solid. I would imagine that you would be able to get quite a good amount of money for that beauty if you wanted to sell it.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Pretty good idea! That’ll work just fine.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by TN Lone Wolf
Pretty good idea! That’ll work just fine.
You did say you wanted to see pics earlier so this thread is for you.