Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Opinions on X-bolt >

Opinions on X-bolt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Opinions on X-bolt

Old 04-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default Opinions on X-bolt

I would like to get some opinions on the new rifle I plan to buy for hunting mule deer this year. I have it narrowed down to the Browning Hell's Canyon SPEED, or the new predator hunter that was released at the shot show this year. There are a couple differences I'd like to point out about the predator hunter. It is 10 oz heavier according to Browning's website probably due to the heavy sporter barrel vs the sporter barrel of the HC. The twist rate of the predator hunter is 1:7 vs 1:8 of the HC. Worth noting is the predator hunter is $100 cheaper. Forgot to mention that whichever one i get will be in 6.5CM. So which would you choose and why? Is the 10 oz weight difference going to matter a whole lot when walking the WY terrain? Thanks
Old 04-11-2019, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Id go with the heavier barrel and tighter twist rate,
tighter twist and a heavier barrel tend to improve long range accuracy and consistency,
if 10 oz keeps you from visiting all the terrain you choose to hunt, what are you going to do with 60-90 lbs of meat in a back pack?
your choice in scope mounts, scope, back-pack, cutlery, field glasses, and other gear choices can make up the 10 oz in less critical too your success, components

Last edited by hardcastonly; 04-11-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

check out the 6.5 PRC