Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
how many guys here regularly hunt with a handgun? >

how many guys here regularly hunt with a handgun?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how many guys here regularly hunt with a handgun?

Old 03-17-2019, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

i used to use a hand cannon here in ohio when it was shotgun / muzzleloader only. mostly was the desert eagle in the 44 . also when they went to all straight wall cartridges in handgun brought a t/c encore & had multible barrels in 460 / 45-70/ 454 casull & the 500 smith & wesson. one handgun partically like was the t/c contender with the 45-70 with a muzzlebrake . took quite a few deer with the handcannons. took a nice buck @ 250 yrds with the 460 & dropped him in his tracks
Old 03-17-2019, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I heard that you ain't much of a hunter RR since you have to shoot them from 800 yards away and can't get any closer

-Jake
Thats what they tell me, might be something to it.
RR
Old 03-17-2019, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an old T/C Contender in 7mmTCU that I use from time to time to tip over whitetail does. It shoots a 120 gr Nosler BT and is topped with a 2x Leupold pistol scope. From a rest I can hit things like apples and oranges (roughly the same size as a deer heart) at 100 yards. That being said it still isn't something I use on a regular basis. When I hunt deer, I am hunting seriously for meat to fill the freezer go I grab a rifle, a 9.3x62 Mauser, most of the time.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I heard that you ain't much of a hunter RR since you have to shoot them from 800 yards away and can't get any closer

-Jake
Now that's a funny one. Stirring the pot a bit there Jake....LOL. In the old days that one would have generated pages upon pages of jealousy.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've taken a few with my Contender 7x30 Waters and one with my M-29 S&W .44. But lately I prefer using a bow, muzzleloader or my "little" .45-70
Old 03-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Now that's a funny one. Stirring the pot a bit there Jake....LOL. In the old days that one would have generated pages upon pages of jealousy.
I remember those days, 20+ pages of posts throwing a fit because I couldn't get closer, mainly out of jealousy from the fact that I didn't have to get closer! Miss the good ole days!
RR
Old 03-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander

Just trying to get some increased traffic for HNI during the slow off season

-Jake
Old 03-20-2019, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

stirring the pot is almost a mental sport in a few peoples lives,
Ive been on more than enough forums to see that theres always a very few people who live to find fault in,
anything anyone else posts,
on almost any subject, you might imagine.
and most subconsciously and in error seem to believe ,
"if I can,t do it! ....theres no way in hell, ...you can do it!"
Old 03-20-2019, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcastonly
stirring the pot is almost a mental sport in a few peoples lives,
Ive been on more than enough forums to see that theres always a very few people who live to find fault in,
anything anyone else posts,
on almost any subject, you might imagine.
and most subconsciously and in error seem to believe ,
"if I can,t do it! ....theres no way in hell, ...you can do it!"
exactly, can't remember how many times I told the naysayers I worked with my abilities to do this, not theirs, but all of the folks I have trained in long range shooting say "they would have never believed it was that easy"
RR
Old 03-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
exactly, can't remember how many times I told the naysayers I worked with my abilities to do this, not theirs, but all of the folks I have trained in long range shooting say "they would have never believed it was that easy"
RR
Trained is the keyword there RR. $5k worth of gun doesn't mean squat if the shooter has no idea how to use it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.