Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Stoeger STF 3000 O/U won't fire upper barrel >

Stoeger STF 3000 O/U won't fire upper barrel

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stoeger STF 3000 O/U won't fire upper barrel

Old 06-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stoeger STF 3000 O/U won't fire upper barrel

I just picked up a Stoeger STF 3000 (apparently identical to the Condor except for extra engraving) 20 gauge O/U. It has a single trigger, but will only fire the lower barrel. Can't find any manual with operational instructions. Is this a flaw with the gun, or am I missing something I should be doing?
Old 06-29-2018, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

A couple of things you can check. Your gun is inertia operated (recoil)so it needs to be in good contact with your shoulder when you shoot it. Make sure the gun is empty, pull the trigger and dry fire, after you do that give the gun a hard hit with the palm of your hand representing recoil against your shoulder, and then pull the trigger again, It should dry fire again.. I have an inertia operated SKB side by side and every time I put it back in the gun safe after hunting I release the firing pin springs using snap caps and I have to go through the above routing to release the second firing pin.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-29-2018 at 02:44 AM.