Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington's New Slug Ammo....Price Is Insane !!!! >

Remington's New Slug Ammo....Price Is Insane !!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington's New Slug Ammo....Price Is Insane !!!!

Old 03-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Spike

Default Not every time.

I stated that I only shot one deer with the Accutips in the snow and had a poor bloodtrail,that is a fact. I am sure there are others that had better results. I based my findings on my own experience. I have used Barnes bullets for many years in my encore muzzle loader and have had great results. I posted "my" results using the "new" Barnes expanders and the fact that the cost was not out of this world if you purchased them by the case. If you like brand "A" then by all means use them. I have been hunting for 45 years, and want to have the best available.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

wanna sell some of those accutips sooshunt?

If you post them up in classifieds I bet there would be some interest.

-Jake
Old 03-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Spike

I don't want to sell any of the slugs, Like I said I only shot one deer with them and they are very accurate. I have not shot any deer with the new remington expanders yet. But I like having ammo available. Either for practice and when you read all the post about people not able to find the ammo they are looking for because they buy a couple boxes. I bought the case of the new slugs from midway,the only place I could find them. Since I bought them it says out of stock,I guess they only had one case.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Though this thread is dead, I'll momentarily bring it back. Appears Remington shortly got the hint on overpricing, Browsing slugs over at Midway, the Remington slugs which caused this thread have dropped in price practicallyly 50%. Based on other copper slugs on the market, it was easy to see big green was going w/big mark ups. Don't make much on what you sell very little of, though. LOL, maybe they'll remember this folly when it comes to future product pricing.