Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
looking for a wide bullet cartridge. >

looking for a wide bullet cartridge.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

looking for a wide bullet cartridge.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Spike

Default looking for a wide bullet cartridge.

Hello,

I hope you guys can help me; I want to build a an oil menorah with bullet casings. A Menora is a tranditional 8 branch candelabra. I want mine to have small cups which I would fill with oil. I had the idea that I could use bullet casings for those cups. I need a cup that could hold about about 3 Tbsp of oil. Can you tell me what casing would be right for me?
Old 12-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

50 BMG or 20 MM Vulcan cannon
RR
Old 12-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a cool idea, but there isn't a standard small arms cartridge case large enough. Your target of 3 Tbsp is ~45mL of oil, which is equivalent to ~694grn H2O case capacity. For perspective, a .50 BMG case is only 293grn H2O capacity.

You'd have to look into something like a 20x110mm cartridge, as I think that would put you in the right ballpark for 3 Tbsp, maybe even a bit larger.

Throw 8 20mm cases on a menora and you'll certainly have a conversation piece!