Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
300 Win Mag Bullets >

300 Win Mag Bullets

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

300 Win Mag Bullets

Old 10-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also shot the 300 for a lot of years. I went to a minimum of 190 grains, and prefer the 200 and 210 grain. They dig deep, and don't destroy anywhere near as much meat as the lighter bullets do. Living on the prairies shots tend to be long, and there isn't really that much difference in drop at longer ranges. I was always hunting in grizzly's kitchen, and that is another reason for the heavies.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:58 AM
Spike

I'd look into getting the heavy'est bullet possible IF! I didn't like what the 300-mag did to deer. I gotta tell you that I love the DRT affect and not having to track the deer and not having it jump fences and having to ask the neighbor if I can track over there.
"Hi guys, my name's mike and I'm a shoulder shooter" As long as I stay away from the back-straps and hind quarters, I'll zip that bullet any way I can through both lungs, and if a shoulder is in the way, it's getting blow'n through.