Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Spanish shotgun & grey hair >

Spanish shotgun & grey hair

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Spanish shotgun & grey hair

Old 08-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Spike

Default Spanish shotgun & grey hair

'Meat hunter'--20ga., CYL. & IMP. MOD. IT was feared by cottontails and doves, for the better part of 40 years. I purchased the SxS for $20.00 brand new. An opportunity, it was stamped on L barrel 12ga. 2 3/4". IT was a $20 gun and treated as such, until !

I started researching this shotgun some 4 years ago and have made strides into identifying this shotgun, along with running into stone walls.

From Spanish-Shotgun-forums-yahoo, a Moderator Kyrie helped me through Gunmakers in / around Eibar Spain (proof house) and forums resources. Four years and now a do over. I plan to pass this 20ga. to my grandson, but not beat up, dismal, dull---Turn IT into a Lady. I will refinish the Meat hunter---Who me ????

Here are some pics of 60 hours of work. Sixty Hours ?? Ya' gotta' remember I am 77. Did I make mistakes ? Absolutely !, but she does start to look like a Lady.

pic1 & pic 2 The receiver and action were rusty, blotchy blue (Patina ?) I cold blued it more grey than blue pic 3 Went with gloss finish on 2 tone 90 degree hand checkering. pic 4&5 took spacer out Finished------I will post the 4 year travels of this Lady and HER identity, i.e. Maker, year mfg. proof marks, etc. Grab your Spanish and identify----It's all good and fun.

fossil

Last edited by A Fossil; 08-26-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

What pictures?? However if it is a Spanish gun, it is probably an Arizza, Arizzabalaga or Grulla, (sp).

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-27-2017 at 03:20 AM.