Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Problem with my 41 Mag/reflex sight >

Problem with my 41 Mag/reflex sight

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Problem with my 41 Mag/reflex sight

Old 08-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Problem with my 41 Mag/reflex sight

After finally finishing with my demanding summer classes (hallelujah!), I decided I needed to start shooting again. With squirrel season less than two weeks away, my first agenda was checking my Mark II's zero. It only needed a slight adjustment, but its ready to go. I then decided to begin sighting in my 41 Magnum Blackhawk's relatively new Vortex Viper reflex sight. Back last spring, I mounted this sight using a Weigand no-drill mount, but I didn't get around to shooting it much until today.

I fired three shots at 25 yards. This was the result:

Hmm. The horizontal spread was undoubtedly me, but the fact that they were hitting 10" high at 25 yards is quite . . . problematic. After taking a careful look at the revolver, it seemed as though, for whatever reason, the entire mount assembly seemed to be angled downward. Unfortunately, the screw is stuck in there tightly, and I think I might have rounded it out trying to get it out. However, I had a plan B. I took a thin washer and put it under the front of the sight:

Hopefully this will help.

Last edited by TN Lone Wolf; 08-13-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Typo