Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Mac-11 vs mac-10? >

Mac-11 vs mac-10?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mac-11 vs mac-10?

Old 07-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Spike

I probably should have said reproductions of millitary rifles or pistols because the real ones cost to much and I don't feel like getting a class 3 license. I'm pretty sure if it's considered a pistol you can't have a grip or a stock but I don't really remember.

Last edited by Juston; 07-19-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:46 PM
Spike

I have a wasr 10, vz 24 mauser, and a tokarev pistol. Well the vz 24 and the tokarev are old.

Last edited by Juston; 07-19-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My thinking is they are pretty much useless. To big and heavy for a holster to carry as a backup to a rifle. On my useful scale they rate below a pistol.

For the same money you can get a carbine (or asshalt rifle), many not as accurate as a full sized rifle, but more accurate than most pistols with a longer useful range.

Spray and pray noise makers have a limited utility IMO.

I had a chance to buy a pre 1944 M-3 grease gun for a few hundred dollars and passed. A fairly high novelty factor (that would likely have worn off fast), but I'd shot them before and found them to be generally useless.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 07-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Juston
I probably should have said reproductions of millitary rifles or pistols because the real ones cost to much and I don't feel like getting a class 3 license. I'm pretty sure if it's considered a pistol you can't have a grip or a stock but I don't really remember.
well first off, many actual military rifles and pistols are NOT that costly(look at m1 carbines, AK 47(semi's) AR 15-s(again semi's)
beretta 92's, 1911's and so on, there all basically averaged preiced weapons, conditions and name of maker will be the deciding factor more on HOW expensive they can be or , how collectible they will be
but if all you want is a gun that LOOKS like the real one, these are better options

you can get into SKS"s, and many other earlier military weapons for rather cheap, Think Mauser 98's,Mosin-Nagent , and the likes here!
I think you need to maybe look into what your interested a little better, NOT bashing on you, just trying to give you honest info here, there are a LOT of better guns out there than the MAC 10-11's
BUT they can be fun guns, just they don't have any real use for 99% of there owners , other than wasting ammo!
the above guns I mentioned, have more use, they can be target guns, and some will increase in value MAYBE over time, and there are a LOT out there in REAL NOT copied form yet!

second, there is NO licence to buy and own a class 3 weapon, that is bad info that has been out there for yrs and yrs
if you wish to buy and sell, you would need a dealers licence, but there is no licence to OWN one as a private citizen
if there legal where you live, its just different paperwork you fill out, if you legally can own a handgun , you can legally own a class 3 weapon(again if legal in your state) there is NO licence you have to buy, there IS a $200.00 tax per item when you buy it, its a ONE time fee, OR untill the next person buys it again!
then they will also pay a $200.00 tax on the item!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

What makes it junk? The fact that it's semi auto? Or that it doesn't cost a lot of money? I'm not buying it because I think it will rise in value, I'm buying it because it seems like they would be fun to shoot and it doesn't cost a whole lot of money compared to the real thing. It seems like It would only be considered junk if it was really inaccurate or it jammed a lot.
what tends to make them JUNK to a lot of shooters is,(and this is MY opinion and guess) they are simply stamped sheet metal, made of cheap materials and well, there rather crude things
they don't have classic details or workman ship in them.
however,
yes they can be fun to dump mags, but there rather very un accurate, so again all your doing is wasting ammo, and that FUN factor wears out pretty quick , when there again isn't much real use for it
if you like to just hear things go BANG BANG BANG< firecrackers might be cheaper yet LOL
AGAIN not bashing on you, as there is NOTHING wrong with having what you want, but when you say collectible military firearms, these copies are NOT really in that game!
Old 07-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Spike

An sks was also on my list of guns to buy along with an ar. I have an ak and a mauser. My brother was thinking about selling his mosin so I might get that to. But I kind of wanted a Mac even if it is a semi automatic piece of junk.

Last edited by Juston; 07-20-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

AR prices are as low as they've ever been. You can get an entry-level carbine for $400, or something pretty darn nice for $800. So, for about the same money, you could have something accurate and reliable...and useful. I'd probably go that route, unless that MAC 10 has some kind of special collector appeal to you. They do look cool, and I don't really like to knock on any one's personal choice of firearms, but they are what they are. And they are definitely cheap stamped junkers.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:16 AM
Spike

It's not like I can't get both an ar15 and a mac10. The point of the thread was to find out if a mac10 45 acp was better than a ma11 9mm.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is like asking which tastes better spoiled meat or sour milk. The folks here are trying to tell you that both are a waste of money. Of course the choice is yours if you want one.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not like I can't get both an ar15 and a mac10. The point of the thread was to find out if a mac10 45 acp was better than a ma11 9mm.
well, maybe the way to look at this will be this way, since I've owned both, 9 mm -45, and they both worked just fine in both full auto versions and semi(pending mags mostly and ammo)
and since they mostly just spit ammo down range
if you wish to buy one, buy the 9, ammo will be cheaper for you to shoot it?
was at Cabela's yesterday and they had decent 9 mm on sale 10 bucks a box LOL

if you want one have at it, just don't think its a collectible like military gun, its just a gun, and with that, if you want one, get one, its your life, enjoy it how you like!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.