Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Replace photobucket? >

Replace photobucket?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Replace photobucket?

Old 07-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Replace photobucket?

Wrong place, and I know it, and fully expect to be moved - but I figure most of the guys I know who might answer are in this sub-forum.

Photobucket spit the bit; I'm not paying $400 a year to be able to post photos on forums.

So where do you guys use for photo hosting? I have used flickr in the past, haven't used Google. I'm not really looking for some obscure site, and I'm definitely not looking for a pay site.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Can't y'all just post them on this site? I've posted a few to my profile here. I mostly use another hunting website that handles its own picture hosting these days. No sense in uploading them twice in two different locations.

Last edited by TN Lone Wolf; 07-08-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMGUR or Flickr Both are free and offer HUGE storage. I know IMGUR supports Google+ logins so no need to create a "new" account.

Google does not support direct linking that i can find. You can link an album but no simple way for pics to show up in a post....If im wrong i would love to know how.

HNI has a 60ish pic upload max and does not support direct upload attachments. Im fairly certain they could if they chose to do so but i would not hold my breath.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 07-08-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is where I put mine after PB gave us the finger.
https://postimages.org/
Old 07-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dumped my photobucket to Flickr for now. I fixed some of the links in some of my sub-forum posts in the gunsmithing and predator hunting sections. What a pain - too stupid of Photobucket to drop linkable access for their free accounts.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why do people put their photos on those types of websites when you can store them right on your own computer like I do. Then there are numerous ways to back them up in case your hard drive crashes and none are expensive.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Why do people put their photos on those types of websites when you can store them right on your own computer like I do. Then there are numerous ways to back them up in case your hard drive crashes and none are expensive.
You still need a website to upload them to if you want to post pictures in a forum like this one.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well they must be on your PC or phone before you upload so isn't that a "gimme"?

I also do all my edits and metadata removal before uploading. Then those pics are stored locally and on my NAS raid boxes. So i have at least 3 "backups" of my pics. Even if the house burns to the ground my pics are safe.

MANY forums do not support direct pic attachments so you must use a 3rd party host. The ones that do support it also limit pic size. Usually to 1meg or less and 1024x768 or less. Quite often 800x600 or less. Attachments are also often just for that forum and don't allow it to be shared to other forums. I can post a pic on a 3rd party host and share the same pic over multiple forums.

So yeah, 3rd party hosting is quite useful.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 07-09-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is the problem Top, if I want to attach a picture to an e-mail I take the picture from my computer album, if I want to post a picture to a message board the picture has to be in some kind of photo hosting site. The hosting site allows you to e-mail the pictures, post them on message boards and share them on other kinds of sites like face book, not that I even have ever looked at face book nor will I. For e-mails I just hit the attach photo on my e-mail account it takes me right to my computer album where I select the photo to attach.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I only use photohosting sites to store photos I use in online forums. Not many photos, since I'm REALLY lazy about taking pictures, and almost as lazy about uploading them, but I do use forums like this quite a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.