HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-58/)
-   -   For Sale: CVA Optima V2 Pistol w/Accessories (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/414314-sale-cva-optima-v2-pistol-w-accessories.html)

GPMD 06-14-2017 07:22 AM

For Sale: CVA Optima V2 Pistol w/Accessories

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,

I have for sale a near new CVA Optima V2 Blackpowder Pistol. I bought 2 seasons ago for deer hunting. I finally got a deer with it last year to prove I could and now I'm ready to move on to the next challenge which will most likely be a flintlock so I'm selling the pistol. It has maybe 20 rounds through it. Just enough to sight in and the single bullet that took my deer last year.

Barrel always cleaned, mint condition. Tip of muzzle has a little black on it, not sure how that happened but its surface only. Includes Blackhorn breech which is mint as well.

I'm including the following:

Simmons 2x7 pistol scope and mounts. Unless something knocks it off during shipping, you're hitting quarters at 25 and in the circle at 50yd.

I have a case for it, fits firearm perfect. Great condition

Camo Sling for carry when hunting, Great Condition

I settled on shooting Hornady XTP .44 Cal 240gr pistol bullets. I have maybe 25 left I'll include as well.

It is a great pistol and everything is in basically new condition. I took pics of everything and any flaws I could find.

Hits quarters easily at 25yd. At 50yd the groups could be better but I have some flyers. I'm almost certain its the sabots i was using as i had the same issue with my rifle. Between time and my old eyes, I never really experimented much past 25 yds since most hunting was from a bow stand. 85 grains of blackhorn was the load

Asking $355.00 firm for everything. No FL needed as its blackpowder. Asking $25 for shipping, not sure exact cost. I'll refund difference if cheaper and cover difference if more money. It'll be sent FedEx

Any questions please feel free to let me know. I have a few more pics I'd like to send as well but can only post 5 here.

Dontno4 11-30-2019 06:53 PM

What to buy your v2 pistol

I have been looking for the pistol but it hard to find, Have you sold it yet?

GPMD 12-01-2019 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dontno4 (Post 4365715)
I have been looking for the pistol but it hard to find, Have you sold it yet?

yep still have it. Just sent you a PM with my email. For some reason I don’t get alerts when someone sends me one but I get it when they reply to the post directly. Feel free to reply here or to my email. Thanks!

Tony Shelton 12-23-2019 05:13 PM

Want this pistol contact me for payment
tony Shelton
email [email protected]
thanks

Tony Shelton 12-24-2019 02:15 AM

Still waiting on you to contact me for payment arrangements
[email protected]
thanks

Mwest13579 12-31-2020 11:54 PM

I want it hear is my number 1 540 632 3449 I'm matt call me today and we will work ro

Originally Posted by GPMD (Post 4307778)
Hey Guys,

I have for sale a near new CVA Optima V2 Blackpowder Pistol. I bought 2 seasons ago for deer hunting. I finally got a deer with it last year to prove I could and now I'm ready to move on to the next challenge which will most likely be a flintlock so I'm selling the pistol. It has maybe 20 rounds through it. Just enough to sight in and the single bullet that took my deer last year.

Barrel always cleaned, mint condition. Tip of muzzle has a little black on it, not sure how that happened but its surface only. Includes Blackhorn breech which is mint as well.

I'm including the following:

Simmons 2x7 pistol scope and mounts. Unless something knocks it off during shipping, you're hitting quarters at 25 and in the circle at 50yd.

I have a case for it, fits firearm perfect. Great condition

Camo Sling for carry when hunting, Great Condition

I settled on shooting Hornady XTP .44 Cal 240gr pistol bullets. I have maybe 25 left I'll include as well.

It is a great pistol and everything is in basically new condition. I took pics of everything and any flaws I could find.

Hits quarters easily at 25yd. At 50yd the groups could be better but I have some flyers. I'm almost certain its the sabots i was using as i had the same issue with my rifle. Between time and my old eyes, I never really experimented much past 25 yds since most hunting was from a bow stand. 85 grains of blackhorn was the load

Asking $355.00 firm for everything. No FL needed as its blackpowder. Asking $25 for shipping, not sure exact cost. I'll refund difference if cheaper and cover difference if more money. It'll be sent FedEx

Any questions please feel free to let me know. I have a few more pics I'd like to send as well but can only post 5 here.

hear is my number I'm matt 1 540 632 3449 call today and we will work out payment and shipping

GPMD 01-01-2021 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mwest13579 (Post 4385875)
hear is my number I'm matt 1 540 632 3449 call today and we will work out payment and shipping

Hi Matt,

it’s funny, this post was a few years old and every sale fell thru so I hung onto the pistol. I moved last year and have a few acres to hunt now so started using it again. Found the perfect load, 80gr blackthorn, 240gr Xtp with crushed rib sabot. From a rest, dead on at 25 with touching holes, maybe an inch off at 50 with .5” groups. I’m sure it could do better but I didn’t put much time in once it was in kill zone.
Took a doe 2 weeks ago with it at 35yd. Last light and didn’t know where I hit. Thought maybe gut so I left. Next day I found her maybe 65yd away, perfect shot. But my lack of skill and confidence made me worry all night. I decided even before I found the deer that I wanted to sell it again. Not worth the worry to me of making a bad shot.
Im not home now but when I get back I’ll go thru everything again to make sure it’s what I had posted. Pistol has maybe 15 more shots thru it than when I posted. Almost full box of sabots that I bought this season, still have maybe 15 bullets.
I’ll be in touch later this evening with updated pics

rich

rhbc13 01-08-2021 05:14 PM

Rich, If your gun did not sell to Matt, I would really like to buy it from you.Please let me know.
Thank you , John

rhbc13 01-09-2021 03:44 PM

Rich,
I sent you a PM.
Thanks, John

ourway77 11-13-2021 05:24 AM

Is the pistol sold