HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Over under 20ga (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/412515-over-under-20ga.html)

Brett78 03-12-2017 11:07 AM

Over under 20ga

I am wanting to get a over under for quail hunting in a 20ga. I'm not gonna be doing clay shooting or any sporting clays. Just to hunt with. Was wanting to no if anyone has had any experience with a CZ redhead premier? One again this will be a hunt gun not a clay gun. Any help would be appreciated.

Sheridan 03-12-2017 11:32 AM

I know that CZ makes their sub-gauge shotguns on sub-gauge frames; and that's a good thing !

I was looking at CZ when I wanted a SXS sub-gauge.

SecondChance 03-12-2017 11:33 AM

I picked up a EAA MP310 O/U in 20ga with ported barrels 2yrs ago. Just wanted it for duck/dove and goose hunting. It has 3" chambers, choke tubes, TruLock tubes are the only aftermarket tubes that I found will fit it and offer extended tubes. I really like it!! have taken it to Canada 6 times for ducks and geese and my buddies have shot it as well. Fast handling, can select top or bottom barrel. Safety engages automatically upon reloading and closing it. And for about $600 MSRP, its a nice shooting shotgun.

CalHunter 03-12-2017 03:13 PM

I haven't had any experience with CZ over/unders but I've had 2 Browning Citori shotguns in 20 gauge and both have been excellent guns.

SecondChance 03-28-2017 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by CalHunter (Post 4297320)
I haven't had any experience with CZ over/unders but I've had 2 Browning Citori shotguns in 20 gauge and both have been excellent guns.

Yeah, I have a grade V Citori on 20ga that never sees the field and barely the trap/skeet range. That's why I bought the EAA. I took it as a winter project to make the wood to metal fit a tad better. I also love the ported barrels as well. Makes it nice for kids to shoot and not get kicked by the heavier loads for waterfowl or turkey. That and I paired it up with a Simms recoil pad and a full set of TruLock extended chokes and its good to go!!

Oldtimr 03-28-2017 10:30 AM

CZ shotguns are made by Huglu in Turkey. I have two DeHaan sgotguns, a matching 28 ga. SXS and a 12 gaSXS made by Huglu specially for DeHaan. They are well made and have false side plates so they look like they have engraved side locks instead of being box locks. The 12 ga. has side clips and both of them have the Greener cross bolt locking mechanism and tapered raised ribs. I wanted to get matching .20 ga. but DeHaan stopped importing them. I wouldn't be afraid to buy the CZ.

stapher1 04-04-2017 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Brett78 (Post 4297284)
I am wanting to get a over under for quail hunting in a 20ga. I'm not gonna be doing clay shooting or any sporting clays. Just to hunt with. Was wanting to no if anyone has had any experience with a CZ redhead premier? One again this will be a hunt gun not a clay gun. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking at the CZ Redhead Premier Reduced Length myself. Heard good things about them. Nice guns for the price point. And they are re-badged Huglu shotguns but they've has been around since 1914, so it's not some fly by night company. Ps...if you want extra chokes you have to find ones for the huglu 20ga. Only the 12ga guns use Benelli/Beretta chokes.

bronko22000 04-08-2017 05:50 PM

I like the CZ SxS shotguns. But with both the CZ and Browning you can't go wrong.

Sheridan 04-09-2017 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=CalHunter; 2 Browning Citori shotguns in 20 gauge and both have been excellent guns.[/QUOTE]

+1

I believe that to be true !

Only one thing $$$ :arms:

I own a few Brownings :sign0016: