HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Remington recall (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/412201-remington-recall.html)

Mr. Slim 02-26-2017 07:14 AM

Remington recall

my son emailed me about the recall Remington has concerning the triggers on the 700's. i checked my serial numbers and found that two of my rifles fall under the recall. contacted Remington and they are sending me two boxes to send my rifles to have the triggers replaced. they are also paying for the shipping both ways. never had any problems with either rifle but better to be safe then sorry and have one go off unexpectedly.

Oldtimr 02-26-2017 07:18 AM

That is very old news, years old. I am surprised there are any Remington owners who don't know about it. It is the right thing to do to get them fixed.

Bocajnala 02-26-2017 07:34 AM

Let us know what the turn around time is on it now. When the recall first went out it took them awhile. But I would guess that has slowed down and they aren't taking near as long. Allot of people took the opportunity to just upgrade to an aftermarket trigger.
-Jake

uncle matt 02-26-2017 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4295598)
That is very old news, years old. I am surprised there are any Remington owners who don't know about it. It is the right thing to do to get them fixed.

There are many, many remington owners who know nothing about the recall. Remington is a joke regarding this matter. Funny how they have never acknowledged an actual problem but have paid out millions in settlements and will REPAIR something they won't admit has a problem. A man even spent I think 10 years in jail for "shooting" and killing his brother only to have charges dropped when the Dad found out about the defective triggers and brought it to the attention of prosecutors. The brother who was inprisoned had claimed all along he never touched the trigger.

alleyyooper 02-26-2017 02:43 PM

I have a whole safe full of Remington 700's from the old ones you could not rack the bolt with the safety on to the new ones you can. I also have a Model 7 with the same trigger system near as my untrained eyes can tell, even the Old 700 Muzzle loaders have that trigger. I have every one pull adjusted to my likening by my self using instructions from sniper country and have did all the slam test they recommend. Now if Remington wanted to send me a box of triggers I might be up to changed the old ones out but NO WAY I am sending any not even one rifle to Remington to be fiddled with.

And Yes this is old News it has been on every shooting, sportsman forum I have ever looked at or been a member of. I have a BIL who buys about ever gun rag printed and when he finishes them up I get them to read roll and burn. The Remington recall has been in them for years also.

If it is new news to you all I can say is welcome back to earth, how was Mars any way.

:D Al

muzzlestuffer 02-26-2017 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4295598)

There was a story on 60 minutes last Sunday on this. I don't own a 700 but if I did it would have a Timney or jewel trigger in it anyway.

jeepkid 02-26-2017 04:24 PM

It must be gaining news attention again because my Dad mentioned it to me also.

Sheridan 02-26-2017 04:55 PM

Same thing - right ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_a_t...ls_in_a_forest

If a gun shoots, but no one pulled the trigger; is it the gun's fault or operator error !?!?

Nomercy448 02-26-2017 05:58 PM

Frankly - even when this does happen, it IS an operator error. Your safety feels completely different when the sear has slipped. If the shooter fails to notice their safety throw is suddenly WAY heavier than normal, and fails to understand how their firearm's safety functions, and forces it off anyway, then nobody should be surprised by the Negligent Discharge.

Same issue for a Savage Accu-trigger. If it ever slips such that the trigger blade sear-catch is engaged, it WILL fire if you pull the blade. But instead of being measured in ounces, the blade pull weight will be measurable in pounds...

Neither of these are operational changes a shooter should fail to notice.

muzzlestuffer 02-26-2017 06:03 PM

personally if anyone has one get rid of it tomorrow and buy a new trigger for 200 ish you can have a great trigger. what will it cost if you shoot someone like that kid that shot his brother and yes he was at fault in that he was mad and pointed a gun at his brother so he's the blame in my book but can you imagine having to live with that !!