Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington recall >

Remington recall

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington recall

Old 03-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'v e checked mine every way possible and it seems fine, let my grandson shoot it Sunday, was there with him while he had it and checked it several times. Mine is a 6MM....
Old 03-22-2017, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I hunt in Michigan's UP, it can and does get cold there. I also am not shy about hunting or going to the range when it is below zero.

Al
Old 03-22-2017, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

So if I had one of those Remington rifles, would replacing the factory trigger with a Timney or Jewell fix the issue?

Also, was the Model Seven affected?
Old 03-22-2017, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've carried Rem 700s for years. I still own 4: 375 H&H Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5x55 Swede and 54 ML. All have the factory triggers. I've tried every way I can imagine to make one discharge improperly and have never been able to make it happen. My brother also shoot a Rem 700 in 7mm Mag as did my late father. My father also had a Rem 700 in .243 that he used for years for pronghorn. My niece now owns the rifle. Not one of them has ever had a discharge issue.

Not saying it doesn't happen but after more than 40 years of carrying Rem 700s I don't personally know anyone that has had one discharge. I'll keep mine just the way they are but admit I mostly carry a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 these days.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen it happen twice. But both times were on rifles where the trigger had been "worked on" and made just a touch too light. A factory untouched trigger that's properly maintained is as safe as any other trigger in existence.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me being an excessive trigger snob, I've never liked the Walker trigger anyway. Never really liked ANY Rem Trigger really. Honestly, the only factory triggers I ever liked without having to do anything to it was the trigger on my Model 70's. While many don't like the Winchester triggers of today, the old triggers from the 60's and back were pretty dang sporty. Incredibly crisp and almost zero creep. They were actually the triggers that spoiled me rotten on good triggers.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

My smith will tell you that he never met a trigger that didn't need tuning; but of course, this is how he makes a living ?!?!

Purchase a JP Enterprise trigger for my AR, easily the best trigger I have ever shot.

2 stag triggers IMO have "take-up" - I don't like that; not a tactical shooter.

All my rifles are set at +/- 3Lbs. (all my rifles are hunting rifles)- need some pressure on them, but have zero creep.

Hunter, not a bench shooter either.

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-23-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I've adjusted all my triggers to 2 pounds per these instructions and a Lyman trigger pull scale about 1999. I tried 1.5 pounds but didn't care for the touchiness it felt like.

http://www.snipercountry.com/article...ontriggers.asp

I have taken all but the 50 cal Muzzle loader to the UP deer camp where it gets cold one season during ML season up there not one day was over 18 below zero.

I also do a lot of winter coyote hunting and am not shy about going out when it is below zero with the 243 either. No reason with todays Hi tec winter clothing to sit on the couch wringing my hands and whining it is too cold to be out side. If it got to that point I didn't like the cold or let it bother me so much I would not hunt, I would move to some place warmer like AZ. for example.

Al
Old 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

jake, i sent both rifles in on the 8th of this month and got one back today, the 23rd. thats about 2 weeks for the first one.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
jake, i sent both rifles in on the 8th of this month and got one back today, the 23rd. thats about 2 weeks for the first one.
Can't complain about that. Pretty quick turn around time.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.