Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Please help me with my Ruger American .308 >

Please help me with my Ruger American .308

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Please help me with my Ruger American .308

Old 12-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sage of the Sage
I called Ruger this morning and the guy I spoke with said to send it to them. He mailed a box and instructions. Hopefully they'll get it straightened around. I'm not a trusting type, though, and have a bad feeling I'm going to get jerked around. Never sent a firearm back to the manufacturer before. Anyway, thanks for all the input, guys.
Originally Posted by Oldtimr
They will not jerk you around. They are all too aware how much damage one disgruntled customer can cause today with all the electronic communications we have today. Ruger has a good customer service reputation and their products also have a good reputation.
I'm not a Ruger rifle fan except for their #1's but I have and have had MANY Ruger handguns over the years. They have exemplary customer service and have always dealt well with me over 50 years now. As far as their rifles go, the reason I'm not a fan of them is fit and triggers. They just never have fit me well and I have YET to ever feel a Ruger trigger that I liked in ANY way whatsoever. Crappiest triggers of any factory built rifle but they have always been accurate in my experience and again, exemplary customer service. I personally don't think you will get screwed over. I'm sure they will find the problem and make it right for you.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I continually hear a lot of things about Ruger service......but if the product is so good......why are so many folks using it?.....

I've used the service department from Savage and Ruger far more than all the others combined......and it's simply that the product sucks in the first place.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Spike

Ruger had the rifle for like one day. It's on its way back now. I called and asked what they'd done to it (if anything). All the guy on the phone could find out was "repaired the muzzle crown". I guess we'll see.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Vapodog
I continually hear a lot of things about Ruger service......but if the product is so good......why are so many folks using it?.....

I've used the service department from Savage and Ruger far more than all the others combined......and it's simply that the product sucks in the first place.
You have now come up with pretty silly comments about Savage firearms and now you're lumping in another great company when you say that about Ruger! What is your problem with either of these companies when you have to realize that they both produce millions of products at very competitive prices and very few that people are not happy with them?!
Old 12-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can't help but think that a person who denigrates two of the most popular gun manufacturers, both of which I own and so do thousands of others, and have had no problems with, is the problem the owner, not the gun manufacturer? Additionally, if those firearms are so bad you are constantly sending them back to the manufacturer for repairs, why do you own them?

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-16-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I can't help but think that a person who denigrates two of the most popular gun manufacturers, both of which I own and so do thousands of others, and have had no problems with, is the problem the owner, not the gun manufacturer? Additionally, if those firearms are so bad you are constantly sending them back to the manufacturer for repairs, why do you own them?
Exactly my thoughts too!!!
Old 12-17-2016, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

What a gun cost today you think it would go out huntin and call you when the game is down. Way some think.

Al