Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Cabela's

Old 09-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Spike

Angry Cabela's

....Edited by Champlain Islander...

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-04-2016 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Rule 16 no brand bashing
Old 09-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not just their policy, it is a FEDERAL LAW. It matters not if you are beyond a legal limit. If they can smell alcohol on your breath, they can not, by penalty of imprisonment, sell you a firearm. Point blank and period. Had I been at the counter you would have been told that very same thing. As would anyone else on this forum. Have to say, your creating an account and making a negative post is not the way to start out on this forum. Especially when you are 100% in the wrong.

Edit to add: To clarify this for you, under federal law, it is illegal to sell a firearm to anyone that appears to be under the influence of an intoxicating substance. Now, the feds don't expect sales folks to keep a breathalizer under the counter so they just made it simple. 0 tolerance period. If they smell alcohol, by law, they have to deny sale. It's pretty straight forward. Just because YOU can handle a "couple of beers" doesn't mean everyone else can. How was that sales person supposed to know whether or not your "couple of beers" wasn't a couple of pitchers? Back when I drank, I could drink 3 full pitchers of beer and you or anyone else couldn't tell from my speech or body movements that I had drank a single drop. But if I hit the breathalizer, you can bet I'd blow over the limit!

Last edited by super_hunt54; 09-04-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

It pays to carry some mouth wash if your going to have a beer of shot before shopping for a gun.
Personally I would have shopped first then had lunch.

Al
Old 09-04-2016, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Did he seriously try to buy a gun while drunk and then get mad when they didn't sell him one?

Last edited by TN Lone Wolf; 09-04-2016 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Add
Old 09-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

He was obviously way to high to begin with - LOL !!!
Old 09-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Old 09-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by TN Lone Wolf
Did he seriously try to buy a gun while drunk and then get mad when they didn't sell him one?
First off, I was not drunk!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, if I had been HIGH they would not have know. I don't really need any dimwits to say something that was not truthful.

Third, I am opiate dependent thanks to the medical profession. So, would you then expect me to quit hunting. I believe the ADA would argue in my favor being disabled, and a veteran.

Fourth, get your terminology straight. There is a difference between drunk and 2 beers.

Just for everyone's knowledge for future reference.
High, is a drug induced state.
2 beers, is not drunk!!!

HIGH, these days is a rather relative and subjective word. Also, the mouthwash trick won't work either, that is mostly alcohol.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Spike

Alleyyooper, what part of the U.P. you from??? I am from the Iron River area.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MXB360
First off, I was not drunk!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, if I had been HIGH they would not have know. I don't really need any dimwits to say something that was not truthful.

Third, I am opiate dependent thanks to the medical profession. So, would you then expect me to quit hunting. I believe the ADA would argue in my favor being disabled, and a veteran.

Fourth, get your terminology straight. There is a difference between drunk and 2 beers.

Just for everyone's knowledge for future reference.
High, is a drug induced state.
2 beers, is not drunk!!!

HIGH, these days is a rather relative and subjective word. Also, the mouthwash trick won't work either, that is mostly alcohol.
Calling people dimwits when you can't seem to get it through your head that the sales people at Cabelas were doing their JOB correctly shows just who the dimwit truly is. Now, try to understand this as I thought I made it pretty plain before but you don't seem to understand. If you go up to a sales counter and try to purchase a firearm, they SMELL alcohol (beer has an extremely distinctive odor and easily recognized), then by FEDERAL LAW they cannot sell to you!! Why is that hard for you to understand? Their hands are tied. You may not have been even buzzed up, but how are THEY supposed to know? They aren't issued breathalizers nor are they trained in field sobriety testing. They are instructed by the ATF to deny sales to ANYONE that exhibits intoxication or if they can smell intoxicating substances on their person. Pot, Beer, Liquor, all exhibit a distinctive odor. What if the person had sold you that firearm and an ATF agent happened upon the transaction and smelled beer on your breath? I can tell you exactly what, the sales person would have immediately lost his/her job and more than likely charged with a crime!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Rapid River.

You didn't say you were given a breathalyzer test. Mouth wash smells different than beer.

Think I would just leave things as they are, Your not winning any friends or influencing any one either.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 09-06-2016 at 03:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.