Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
NEF handi rifle >

NEF handi rifle

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NEF handi rifle

Old 07-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default NEF handi rifle

I traded for one and when I shoot it will break down what does it need.
thanks James
Old 07-28-2016, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty common issue. A few things to look at:

Are these factory loads, or reloads? If the headspace is just a little excessive, it'll ALMOST close, but not quite.

Is the break open latch loose when closed, or is it tight/non-moving? It should be loose when closed, almost to the point of rattling if you shake the rifle.

Is there a gap at the top of the standing breech, and if so, is it uneven from top to bottom?

A thorough cleaning of the pivot, beneath the barrel, and the breech face may help it close securely.

Are you closing the barrel gently, or positively?

Any contact between the optic or base against the hammer or receiver?

If a good cleaning doesn't help, a trip back to the mothership (or a good smith) will fix it for sure. Otherwise, there are links over on Graybeard Outdoors for how to fit the barrels to ensure positive lock up and secure barrel fit.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Nomercy I will check it out today,

James
Old 07-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks again cleaning the chamber fixed it locks great.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had one of these rifles in .223 and although it looked like a POS it shot great. The metal looked like it was finished with a mill bastard file and the butt stock was excessively "proud" with about 1/8" of wood all around the receiver. But boy could that rifle shoot. At a 100 yard range in FL one time after the range officer called cease fire he came walking by to check to make sure all was safe for shooters to go downrange. Me being at the last bench asked my how I was shooting. I told him to take a look through my spotting scope. Down at the target was a ragged hole. When he asked how many shots were in the group, I looked at my ammo box and told him 10!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Spike

I have the NEF Survivor in .223 and had similar issue for a little while. The little hammer extension was making contact with the scope, it took a little work trying to find the proper eye relief that would clear the scope from touching the extension but when done I haven't had any problems out of mine. It could have been solved with taller rings but didn't have any on hand. NEF has a good warranty/repair if you need to contact customer service, they will take care of you. Great guns and a great company.