Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
S&W Shield and Bodyguard >

S&W Shield and Bodyguard

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

S&W Shield and Bodyguard

Old 03-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

d80hunter.,... 50' is a long way for the bodyguard. Move her in to about 10' and see how she does.

I believe in a self defense situation it aint going to be no further than 10' away.

There is a trigger conversion that shortens the pull a little. Google it and you will find it.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

good choice on the shield, I got one about a week ago myself and will be getting to a range here soon to get the wife some time with it. Father has the 9 and 40 and will say think the recoil from the 9 will be better for the wife. Plus they have been going on sale locally for $300 so why not buy one when you can get it at that price.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
d80hunter.,... 50' is a long way for the bodyguard. Move her in to about 10' and see how she does.

I believe in a self defense situation it aint going to be no further than 10' away.

There is a trigger conversion that shortens the pull a little. Google it and you will find it.
Yeah 50' was too long for her. 10' would be more like it.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always have a hard time finding holster being a left hand handgun shooter. After browsing online for hours and not finding anything I wanted that was for leftys I went to the LGS and bought a Sticky holster. It will do for now and and enjoy the option to wear it virtually in any IWB position and in the pocket.

Been carrying with the 8 round magazine, I doubt I will ever use that 7 round mag unless certain summer clothing makes it a must.

Last edited by d80hunter; 03-12-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:51 AM
Spike

My wife was the victim of a robbery at an ATM machine. When I arrived at the scene, the first thing that she said was " Buy me a gun, the biggest gun that I can handle ". After looking for a while we settled on a 3 9mms. Two Shields, one with a safety and one without and I got a Ruger SR9c. She carries the Shield with the safety and the other one is a house gun. Took the Shields and my Ruger to our gunsmith and boy did he do a wonderful job on all 3 triggers.

Last edited by BigtimerNC; 03-13-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Check out the magguts +1 conversion for your shield mags. Runs ammo flawlessly for me.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I have over 2,000 rounds in my shield (just hit that number last week) and not a single malfunction and has preformed flawlessly with all types of ammo. I tried have my lady get the bodyguard but she opted for a Glock 42. Can't knock her as long as she has something to carry and practice with. I hope y'all have many fun range trips and neither have to use it. All my defensive pistol's do not have a manual safety except my shield (bought it before they made the no safeties) and that one next is engaged. If you have a quality holster and keep that booger hook out of the trigger guard that sidearm will never go off.

I have my lady practice from 5 meters and in. She only practices at self defense distances for the reason that this sidearm is only meant for self defense.

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 03-13-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigtimerNC
My wife was the victim of a robbery at an ATM machine. When I arrived at the scene, the first thing that she said was " Buy me a gun, the biggest gun that I can handle ". After looking for a while we settled on a 3 9mms. Two Shields, one with a safety and one without and I got a Ruger SR9c. She carries the Shield with the safety and the other one is a house gun. Took the Shields and my Ruger to our gunsmith and boy did he do a wonderful job on all 3 triggers.
hey bud how ya felling these day's ?
Old 03-25-2016, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Picked up my shield 9 yesterday and ran a few mags through. Recoil was good for a small gun and my wife who is learning to shoot liked it. Loading the mags was a bit stiff but after a few loads was OK. Nice gun for the money.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had mine for almost a month and it has become my everyday carry pistol. A couple of my friends have similar sized guns but are DAO and not as accurate. The Shields trigger maintains surprising accuracy for a pistol of that size.

The bodyguard will take practice and effort to get shooting good groups but the whole purpose of that gun is a point blank defense situation so I am not too worried about it.