Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
sccy pistols >

sccy pistols

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sccy pistols

Old 02-11-2016, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default sccy pistols

my son is looking to buy a pistol. a dealer recommend a sccy pistol. has anyone heard of this brand and give the pro's and cons on this brand?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never heard of the brand. However, I googled reviews and didn't find a bad one. Here is one. BTW, the gun is pronounced Sky, learn something new every day. If you google the brand you will find a lot of reviews.

http://www.range365.com/gun-test-sccy-cpx-2-pistol
Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

oldtimer, I'm like you. never heard of this brand. was hoping to get some info about them before he buys one. don't want him to get a pig in the poke.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never heard of that one either!
Old 03-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Spike

I have a SCCY CPX-2 in 9mm and have been happy with it. Its lightweight, and pretty small (I have kind of small hands for my size), and the gun conceals well. I use 147 grain rounds and the recoil is pretty mild.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.sccy.com/

The SCCY's are a inexpensive gun designed for carrying. They are 100% made in the USA in Daytona Beach FL.

They had a segment the other night on the Sportsman's channel G&A TV. Kyle Lamb has supposedly had one for a couple years and was very happy with it. I'm sure he doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him either.

I have minimal experience with one. I have a friend that bought one. I fired a magazine through it. It shot good but the trigger was long and hard like most of the guns designed to be carried.
I have a Ruger LCP and it has probably the worst trigger I've ever fired. I can live with it, it's fine for what the gun was designed for. They aren't range guns.

IMHO for the price the SCCY's are a decent gun. I believe my buddy said he gave around 275.00 for it OTD.
They make them in about a dozen different colors. If I was looking for a inexpensive carry gun I would seriously consider a SCCY. They have a lifetime warranty. Here's something that really surprises me. If your SCCY is ever stolen. if you turn in a official police report they will replace that stolen gun. The warranty follows the gun, you don't have to be the original owner for the warranty.
They are a small company trying to make a decent gun for a reasonable price.
I asked probably a year ago on one of the gun forums and it seemed like everyone that had one or had experience with a SCCY was happy with them. One guy said he sold his and was sorry he had, that he was going to be buying another one.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took a look at the site and some reviews. Most all reviews were good. I did see on the pics one problem. Well it may be a problem as I haven't had one in my hands, but the mag release button location is prime for an accidental eject. At least for my big ole mitts anyway. If I were them, I would rethink that location just a smidge. My middle finger, from the looks in the pictures, would more than likely clip that button pretty easily. Some, or maybe most, may not have a problem with that but those of use with fairly large finger pads would have to constantly worry about finger position on the grip.

Hmmmm image wouldn't come up. Well follow the link provided by Ruger_Redhawk and you will see what I mean.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't notice that when I shot my friends SCCY. It does appear to stick out quite a bit in the pictures. My buddies was the first and only of this bred I have ever handled. The thing is allot of guns have the mag release in basically the same spot.
I have enough carry guns so I don't foresee a SCCY in the future. If I were looking for a reasonably priced carry gun I might consider getting one though.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering if anyone finally decided to get a SCCY?
I really think I would seriously consider getting one if I was looking for an inexpensive carry gun.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I've never seen one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.