Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger LC9s Pro >

Ruger LC9s Pro

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger LC9s Pro

Old 12-22-2015, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ruger LC9s Pro

Thinking of picking one up. Been watching many u-tube videos on this gun. was curious as to what some of you think?
Old 12-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are sorta on a similar page with Ruger.
The LCP I'm considering is highly rated as a top bargain, even used as a backup with law enforcement.

I'm hedging right now, for I also like the LCR in hammerless. If I go pistol, it's the LCP in 9mm. If it's lightweight pocket revolver, then the LCR in .380. Those darn revolvers recoil enough for me to downgrade to a .380. But they are simpler to use/clean and most claim more dependable too.

I have until March to decide.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 12-22-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Spike

My wife has one and she loves it. Its a little small for my hands but it a good little pistol. Easy to conceal low recoil. I recommend you go and pick one up first feel it in your hand. Also shoot one before you buy it. If you can.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good advice. Planning on stopping at Cabela's after the Holidays.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Spike

Just a quick correction: The Ruger LC in 9mm is the LC9 (or LC9s or LC9s Pro), while the LCP is only available in .380. As well, The LCR does not come in .380, so I assume you were referring to the .38 Special.

I have recently purchased the LC9s Pro, and can't say enough good things about it. Also, all though it is 4 oz heavier than the LCR, it's exceedingly rounded design seems to make it ideal for concealed carry.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good info Sharp!
Old 12-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I plan on getting one soon. Nice piece.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

I'm now leaning into the Kahr CW380 or Kahr CM9. In field reviews I've seen, it's more accurate and less bugs as the Ruger CL .380 or 9mm in thin sub-compact. Plus both Kahrs will accept +P ammo and almost any manufacturer or grain size without jamming.

If I desire to grip with a third finger, the slightly longer Kahr CT-380 is available. All above are cheaper than the new Kahr versions offered today and that's important to my budget..... $400 max in stores nearby. I'm not interesting in buying out-of-state online. I want to hold the products first and support nearby area stores.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 12-29-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the .357 LCR which I find easy to conceal and am going to recommend a LC9 to my daughter who is getting her CCW permit. If I was into 9mm guns I would already a LC9.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like Maytom has made up his mind, but since he asked about the LC9s Pro, I can offer my advice/experience with it.

The LC9 frame is FLAT AS A PANCAKE. The grip feels exactly how it looks - FLAT. A Hogue Handall will help, but also adds bulk for concealment. If you can get over that flat feeling, that's the only negative I would mention about the LC9.

The LC9 -->S<-- is a striker fired version, such that it has a trigger block blade style safety (think Glock) and is striker fired, as opposed to the original LC9 (no s) DAO hammer fired action. The LC9 trigger wasn't bad, just long, but the LC9s trigger is all the more better. The new LC9s's also eliminated the HORRIBLY UGLY loaded chamber indicator in the top of the slide of the original LC9.

The LC9s -->PRO<-- is basically a "trim package" for the LC9s. The only two differences are: 1) the Pro does not have a magazine disconnect, such that it can fire with the magazine removed, and 2) the Pro does not have a manual safety.

I personally don't have a Pro, but I do have an LC9 and an LC9s. I disabled the magazine disconnect on both, as well as modified the manual safety to reduce the size of the manual safety so that I can carry it with the safety OFF without worrying about it accidentally getting clicked ON. In other words, I converted my LC9 and LC9s to "Pro". The "S" didn't exist when I bought my LC9, and the "Pro" wasn't available when I got my "S". Either way - I have all of the upgrade features of the Pro in both of my LC9's.

I carry an LCP most often though. It's a size smaller in two dimensions, such that I can carry it without printing much more easily. The LCP ALSO doesn't have a magazine disconnect nor a manual safety, so it essentially operates like the Pro, but has a longer DAO trigger pull.

What's great about the upgrades in the Pro: You don't have to do anything between "oh $hit" and "Bang" except draw the pistol. Manual safeties are an extra and unnecessary step in the process.

So that's a long story for a short point - I'd recommend the LC9s Pro if you're looking at a 9mm concealed carry piece.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.