Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Has anybody shot this? >

Has anybody shot this?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Has anybody shot this?

Old 07-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Entire problem woulda been averted if responses answered the question.........

Webby,

You might want to save this statement & use it in the future !

For

Old 07-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronko22000
As far as the HiPoint carbine goes it is a reliable carbine. I read an article in Gun Test magazine a couple years ago and it compared the hi point 995 against the beretta CX Storm and another carbine (possibly the Keltec) and the HiPoint came out on top in both reliability and ergodynamics. It may look like a POS but in actuality it is a good carbine.
As for the 40 S&W, do not use it on anything larger than coyotes.
Bronk,

that's the experience I've had with mine. it's bulky, ugly, clunky, whatever word you wanna use. I don't often admit to owning it.. And I wouldn't have spent my own money on it.... But I have had zero problems with it. and it really does shoot well. Don't know if they're all that way or if I got lucky. But it really is a fun little thing to shoot.
-Jake
Old 07-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Spike

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize rifles shot handgun bullets. It won't met my needs so I will avoid this one.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by worstcaster
I was looking at a Hi Point 40 S&W Carbine 17.5" 10+1 Black Syn Skeleton Skeleton. Has anybody shot one of these? How was the recoil? Would it safely take a deer or black bear?
Originally Posted by worstcaster
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize rifles shot handgun bullets. It won't met my needs so I will avoid this one.
Now I'm confused. What did you think it fired? Your first post mentioned the 40 S&W specifically - or are you not familiar with the 40S&W such that you didn't know that it's a pistol cartridge, and didn't know that the Hi Point is a pistol carbine??
Old 07-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
...it's bulky, ugly, clunky, whatever word you wanna use.
Yeah - what would you really call it? They kinda look like a prop laser gun out of a straight to DVD or cable TV sci-fi movie.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Spike

Now I'm confused. What did you think it fired? Your first post mentioned the 40 S&W specifically - or are you not familiar with the 40S&W such that you didn't know that it's a pistol cartridge, and didn't know that the Hi Point is a pistol carbine??

Exactly. I had no idea.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well... The good news is that now you know!
Old 07-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah - what would you really call it? They kinda look like a prop laser gun out of a straight to DVD or cable TV sci-fi movie.
I dunno the proper word. All of the above and then some. Scifi prop is pretty accurate!
-Jake
Old 07-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know two guys with Hi-Point carbines in 9mm. They both mentioned that they had to replace an internal "recoil buffer pad". The rubber got hard and crumbled. I suspect that the .40 S&W may have the same problem.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I dunno the proper word. All of the above and then some. Scifi prop is pretty accurate!
-Jake
I know the proper word to describe it, but I can't post it here!

Seriously though, I haven't heard anything good enough about Hi-Point's quality control to interest me in any of their offerings. Not to mention, 9mm and .40 don't really lend themselves to being very useful hunting cartridges. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but a 16" AR could easily do anything the Hi-Point Carbine could do, and then some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.