Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

1911 models

Old 07-21-2015, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Les Baer Monolith, SA RO Compact and then my Kimber Ultra Compact in 10mm, in that order. For daily carry. For hunting carry, Remington R1 Enhanced or RIA Tact 2 in 10mm. Very accurate and plenty of horsepower.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Out of habit I guess, I always buy Wilson 8 round magazines. Lots of guys use Chip McCormick or one of many other brands. What do you fellows like?
Old 08-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE longslides! (6") They are unmatched to ME for shooting balance, recoil control, and accuracy (due to longer sight radius).
Old 08-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the full size 1911's but if I had to choose between one or the other I'd go with the Commander size. I have one of the full size Ruger SR 1911's (plus a Colt Gold Cup series 70), then I picked up the Ruger CMD and a few months ago got the Ruger lightweight CMD model. The lightweight is a sweet gun.
I'm very fond of the 1911's. For some reason the shorter barrel points better to me. I realize it's only 3/4" difference but I also like carrying the shorter Commander size better !
Old 08-23-2015, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Out of habit I guess, I always buy Wilson 8 round magazines. Lots of guys use Chip McCormick or one of many other brands. What do you fellows like?
I like and have both. I like SS over the steel for I have found less headaches and they don't rust.