HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Should it go or should it stay?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/399956-should-go-should-stay.html)

jerry d 06-27-2015 05:03 AM

Should it go or should it stay??

About 3 months ago it bought a NIB, never been fired, Weatherby Vanguard chambered in 270Win.(price was right, I was weak...LOL)
Now I'm not a gun loony by any stretch of the imagination. I've never owned more than 3 centerfire rifles at one time.
Thing is with this gun,... it just don't thrill me, don't know why but I aint even excited about scoping it and shooting it!
I know only I can make the call to keep it or sell it. But what would you guys do??:confused2:

Bocajnala 06-27-2015 05:10 AM

With guns my approach has always been if it doesn't make my heart thump, I'm only buying it to resell. So, resell it and try to make a couple bucks. I've kept some junky guns because they interest me. And I've sold some really really nice guns because they didn't. If it doesn't do it for you, try to move it.
-Jake

Oldtimr 06-27-2015 05:41 AM

If you don't care for the gun and you got it at a good price and it is NIB, maybe trading it for a rifle that you do like in a caliber you want would be a way to go. Nothing wrong with trading up. No sense having regrets every time you look into the gunsafe.

Topgun 3006 06-27-2015 06:34 AM

I agree. If it doesn't light your fire, get rid of it and hope you make a profit!

Nomercy448 06-27-2015 09:26 AM

Yup - been there. Found a great deal, and really wanted to want a rifle, but just found that it didn't trip my trigger once I got it home. Usually I don't make impulse buys that aren't (overly) thought out, but I've brought a few home on a whim then felt buyer's remorse.

Sell it off.

Sheridan 06-27-2015 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4203878)
With guns my approach has always been if it doesn't make my heart thump, I'm only buying it to resell. So, resell it and try to make a couple bucks. I've kept some junky guns because they interest me. And I've sold some really really nice guns because they didn't. If it doesn't do it for you, try to move it.
-Jake

There are people out there that will pay big buck for an old Volkswagen "bug", other's wouldn't give you a dime.

Sell it and get something YOU like ! :kt:

jerry d 06-27-2015 10:07 AM

Thanks fellas..., it's what I've been thinking, it's gonna go! You'd think after 40+ years of hunting, shooting & buying firearms impulse buying would've been behind me...LOL!

Nomercy448 06-27-2015 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by jerry d (Post 4203927)
Thanks fellas..., it's what I've been thinking, it's gonna go! You'd think after 40+ years of hunting, shooting & buying firearms impulse buying would've been behind me...LOL!

Ya mean it's never gonna get better? I ALMOST left the Cabelas near me with another Stoeger Coachgun and a Ruger High Gloss SR1911 last week... Thankfully I came to my senses.

super_hunt54 06-27-2015 03:02 PM

LMAO, Mercy, It will never get better, it only gets WORSE. Why you think my wife grabs those purse strings in an iron grip?

Nomercy448 06-27-2015 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by super_hunt54 (Post 4203947)
LMAO, Mercy, It will never get better, it only gets WORSE. Why you think my wife grabs those purse strings in an iron grip?

Well - in my defense - it was HER that was wanting to bring the high gloss SR1911 home!!