Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
DPMS moving out of MN >

DPMS moving out of MN

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

DPMS moving out of MN

Old 05-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default DPMS moving out of MN

Went in the gun shop to order a .338 Fed. Panther Arms, and was told good luck. They're moving there plant to more gun friendly, tax friendly, Alabama. Anyway my 6.5 Creedmoor took a year to get, he said now it will take forever. Minnesota is going to loose on this one, hope they're happy.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did the dealer say when?
Their website still lists their address as the one for the rifle range where they are located. And it says nothing about the move.
So I'm curious as to the timing as I may have to advance a purchase timing.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

They announced moving a year ago i believe. But i got my Creedmoor around then, he just told me good luck on the .338, as deliveries on there less popular models have slowed down.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting. I will have to do more research. Thank you for the notice. I wonder what they will do with the range they own then? If they will close it or not.

I have shot there since I was old enough to shoot.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, hopfully someone here will have more info, i'm going back there this week and will ask more questions, as their website still lists the .338 lite hunter.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looked it up, and found this.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/money/2...abama/9175723/

Not good news. Unless your Alabama.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll note the apathetic response from the state employee at the end of the article sconny posted - I've worked with biz development, occasionally touching Minnesota for many years, and my current role's corporate office headquarters in the Twin Cities area, and without question, they are one of the top business unfriendly states in the nation. Whether it's taxation or emissions regulation, Minnesota policies are incredibly difficult to manage, and in general, they don't care to change. I've been a part of 4 lawsuits in the last decade against different regulatory bodies within MN, suing the state entities to get them to do their jobs! Schitt or get off the pot, as it were.

I have also seen the state of MN use this tactic to drive businesses out of state. The media is picking this up as a choice by Remington Outdoor to move out, but the likelihood is such that I'm more prone to believe that the state is happy about this decision. If their political clime doesn't support a business or industry, they work hard to pass incentives for competing industries to make it unfavorable for their targets. It's just a reality of how they choose to do business.

I loved my time growing up in Minnesota, and ice fishing in SW MN is a source of enjoyment for me, but it's a distinct reality that they are nearly impossible to deal with.

To put it in context, I execute a common emissions permitting process in my work stream multiple times a year, here's a comparison of execution: in Kansas, one or two phone calls and an email finishes the permit request within 30days. In California, that process required maybe 10hrs on the phone and a few documents to complete, with a processing time of about 100days. Comparatively, I have two of these processes still outstanding after 18mos and about 120hrs of communication to the state.

Minnesota is not good for business.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

We southerners hope EVERY yank state keeps electing hair-brain liberals & enacting anti-biz environments! We are MORE than happy to throw open the doors down here & we'll even help the corps keep the unions out!

Better in OUR backyards than in Hong Kong & Buenos Aires!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Hatchie don't say EVERY yank state, you must've heard of Gov Scott Walker. I wish DPMS would've just jumped over to Wisconsin.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like MN has a serious problem with their state and local governments. Too bad but people do get what they vote in. It sucks for the minority of voters who didn't vote for the bozos but that same issue happens in many states.