Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

30-30 ammo

Old 01-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last half of your statement says it all! Don't try to fix what ain't broken!
I was thinking the same thing. If it is working for you don't "fix" it.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been useing 150gr core Lokt for many a year without any hicups whatsoever.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

I switched to the Hornady Leverevolution awhile back and I love them. Pretty accurate round. I have not taken a big game animal with them so that I can't comment on.

But.... I was messing around at the range at a 30" gong at 550 yards. 3 out of 5 shots were hits shooting offhand with a approximate hold of 7 feet. Now I wouldn't be shooting big game at that distance with it. I was impressed with how nice the trajectory was compared to conventional 30-30 bullets. One day a coyote might fall at a insane distance while having in the pickup. Never know.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using 160 grain lever revolution this year I have used it on my range to 120 yards though I think it could go farther its owner cannot lol