Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement >

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I appreciate the help Super hunt54, I think the Timney would probably work for me. It doesn't have to be the best just good, reliable and safe. Do you have any suggestions on where to purchase it? If I remember right, Midway USA had them for $149. Are there different models of the Timney? guess I could just call them and see what they say. do they come with instructions or should it be done by a gunsmith? Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

No smith needed really. They are about as simple a drop in as you can get. Lots of video instructions on Youtube, some of which are pretty detailed yet still easy enough to follow. Here's a fairly detailed one:

As far as where to get one, Midway probably has the best price. This one would probably be your ideal model since I am assuming this is going on just a standard hunting rifle and not a long range setup or bench gun. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/114...-1-1-2-to-4-lb
Old 03-13-2017, 01:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
As far as where to get one, Midway probably has the best price.....
onebigelk,
Brownells.com is also a good place to look/compare. Heard many good things about their customer service reputation.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look up TriggerTech. They are about as simple as it gets and you cant "over adjust" the pull weight. There is only one adjustment and even if you back that screw all the way out it wont go off by accident.

Right out of the box you wont find a trigger in this price range with almost no creep or over travel.
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts..._1=TRIGGERTECH
  • Frictionless Release Technology (FRT™)
  • Single Stage Zero Creep release
  • Adjustable from 1.5-4 lb
  • Safety Integrated with bolt release
  • Stainless Steel Parts
  • Lubrication Free
  • Stainless Steel Components
  • Aluminum, T7075, anodized black housings
Old 03-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info. I will check them out today as time permits.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onebigelk
I appreciate the help Super hunt54, I think the Timney would probably work for me. It doesn't have to be the best just good, reliable and safe. Do you have any suggestions on where to purchase it? If I remember right, Midway USA had them for $149. Are there different models of the Timney? guess I could just call them and see what they say. do they come with instructions or should it be done by a gunsmith? Thanks again.
The Timney #510 is a very good trigger. It is made in the USA and it will probably take a non-gunsmith about twenty minutes to install. It comes in two different trigger widths. Some like the narrow trigger for a hunting rifle but I like the wider version.

I have seen no verifiable information about the supposed defect in the Walker trigger but often will replace the Remington trigger with an aftermarket trigger simply to get a unit that is easy to adjust fairly quickly and still gives a crisp feel.