Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
There was a time >

There was a time

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

There was a time

Old 09-22-2014, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default There was a time

when you couldn't count all of the new posts on HuntingNet forums. Now I log on daily only to log off a minute later because nothing new is going on. This used to be one of my top sites for great information. Now? Not so much.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like you are part of the problem, huh? You have a total of 474 posts since Feb 2007. Looks like you post an average of 5 times a month. That isn't much.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang, and from a rookie who has no idea what happened to make it this way...
Old 09-22-2014, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is much different. There used to be more "experts" that were rude and insulting on a regular basis. We still occasionally have one pop up, but generally those guys are more comfortable on other sites where they can get away with being internet jerks. These guys made this their "campfire" and drove many good posters away.

I don't know if this was good site for "information" (way too much B/S) then but it surely was a more active site. Quantity is not related to quality.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think many of those good posters are sitting around that "campfire"
Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't post much anymore, got to PC, I was banned for chastising a guy for posting bad inaccurate info, so I deleted my 8K posts and just sit back mostly
RR
Old 09-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Looks like you are part of the problem, huh? You have a total of 474 posts since Feb 2007. Looks like you post an average of 5 times a month. That isn't much.
Really? You've been here for a whopping 2 days and I'm the problem. I've always been more of a reader than a poster. When I have something to post I do. Unlike some folks, I could care less about my post count.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

I've been on site,this time since 2003 and had daly post count of .09! Boy, and that much typing has me worn down!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I first joined here in 2000,but i moved and lost my hook up and had to re-register?
We had quite a crew of posters,back then! We were always joking and poking fun at each other,mainly about bow hunting?
How things change,i had written a story about myself and my son,he was 14 at the time[2001]! I became known as the "Wounded One",due to a self inflicted injury!!!!!
I was ask to reprint the tale,in 2003! It lasted 6 minutes and was taken off the thread?
That was about all it took to curb me hanging out here. I still hung out,but became a lurker,as i am now!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

While some remember the "good times" I can clearly remember the mean spirited attitude that was here too. New posters were regularly blasted (this still happens, but to a much lesser degree). As with most sites, just a few guys dominated most of the threads with their "expertise" in all areas.

Shooting and reloading were probably the two worst areas. Nobody should ever believe everything they read on the internet! I have read things that I know from first hand experience to be not correct, at least not in all circumstances.

There were guys that apparently became really offended if anyone dared to not take their advice. Some posts were simply out of line.

There were some really good guys that left. Too bad some did not come back after the board was cleaned up. I myself deleted my posts and left for a good while and registered again under my current user name.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like this site and come often. I have learned a ton from folks here, especially folks who hunt elsewhere in the USA where my style of "stand" hunting is not all that advantageous. Sometimes I get really lost is the technical jargon. I guess that is because I am basically a simple person. It usually takes a lot to get me to try anything new. I imagine sometimes I come across a tad "off center" and if I do come across as "mean spirited" it is unintentional. What I especially enjoy are the hunting tales. I really have only about 3 things that I pretty much am a stickler about ..... good glass, the use of a harness, and don't fix what's not broke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.