Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
no powder 22lr in marlin model 60? >

no powder 22lr in marlin model 60?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

no powder 22lr in marlin model 60?

Old 08-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

ok thanks, I wont use them
Old 08-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I sure learned something on this thread, as I haven't bought any 22 ammo in a long time and had never even heard of those little pipsqueak rounds!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Super Colibri is a pistol (not semi auto ) only round.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
The Super Colibri is a pistol (not semi auto ) only round.
Unfortunately, it's not well labeled to reflect this on the packaging. I know distributor sites often have "pistol only" warnings on these.

I did a little learning myself. I've only ever shot Colibri's, which are a ~375fps load, but there's also a "Super Colibri" that Big Uncle mentioned, that's a 590fps load. Assuming that just means a bit extra primer compound.

Really brings it down to about the same level as a BB gun (which are often 17-20grn at 300-700fps), but with the added complication that they are plugged bores waiting to happen.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine has a pistol range in his attached three stall garage. He lives in a nice neighborhood and shoots the Super C to keep the noise down. Revolvers and Contenders only. It is reasonably quiet and burns cleanly, but other than that I can't quite figure out why people buy this stuff.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
A buddy of mine has a pistol range in his attached three stall garage. He lives in a nice neighborhood and shoots the Super C to keep the noise down. Revolvers and Contenders only. It is reasonably quiet and burns cleanly, but other than that I can't quite figure out why people buy this stuff.
100% agree. Really not sure what it's good for.

I used to shoot it in my basement as a kid for practice. Started getting worried about ventilation and toxic metal build up in the priming compound as I got older.

We also used to use Colibri's to shoot rats and opossums out of the graineries around the farm. They were quiet enough to not blow your ears when shooting in the cribs, and wouldn't damage the bins and silos. They DID, however, ricochet like an SOB since they didn't hit hard enough to splatter nor penetrate. "Rat shot" loads were a heck of a lot safer.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
100% agree. Really not sure what it's good for.

I used to shoot it in my basement as a kid for practice. Started getting worried about ventilation and toxic metal build up in the priming compound as I got older.

We also used to use Colibri's to shoot rats and opossums out of the graineries around the farm. They were quiet enough to not blow your ears when shooting in the cribs, and wouldn't damage the bins and silos. They DID, however, ricochet like an SOB since they didn't hit hard enough to splatter nor penetrate. "Rat shot" loads were a heck of a lot safer.
yea I cant hardly find any .22lr right now and saw these so I got them