Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

no powder 22lr in marlin model 60?

Old 08-10-2014, 06:28 PM
  #11  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 150
Default

ok thanks, I wont use them
blaZer_2 is offline  
Old 08-11-2014, 04:55 AM
  #12  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Well I sure learned something on this thread, as I haven't bought any 22 ammo in a long time and had never even heard of those little pipsqueak rounds!!!
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 08-11-2014, 06:51 AM
  #13  
Nontypical Buck
 
Big Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,780
Default

The Super Colibri is a pistol (not semi auto ) only round.
Big Uncle is offline  
Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 PM
  #14  
Nontypical Buck
 
Nomercy448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,913
Default

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
The Super Colibri is a pistol (not semi auto ) only round.
Unfortunately, it's not well labeled to reflect this on the packaging. I know distributor sites often have "pistol only" warnings on these.

I did a little learning myself. I've only ever shot Colibri's, which are a ~375fps load, but there's also a "Super Colibri" that Big Uncle mentioned, that's a 590fps load. Assuming that just means a bit extra primer compound.

Really brings it down to about the same level as a BB gun (which are often 17-20grn at 300-700fps), but with the added complication that they are plugged bores waiting to happen.
Nomercy448 is offline  
Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 PM
  #15  
Nontypical Buck
 
Big Uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,780
Default

A buddy of mine has a pistol range in his attached three stall garage. He lives in a nice neighborhood and shoots the Super C to keep the noise down. Revolvers and Contenders only. It is reasonably quiet and burns cleanly, but other than that I can't quite figure out why people buy this stuff.
Big Uncle is offline  
Old 08-11-2014, 12:33 PM
  #16  
Nontypical Buck
 
Nomercy448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,913
Default

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
A buddy of mine has a pistol range in his attached three stall garage. He lives in a nice neighborhood and shoots the Super C to keep the noise down. Revolvers and Contenders only. It is reasonably quiet and burns cleanly, but other than that I can't quite figure out why people buy this stuff.
100% agree. Really not sure what it's good for.

I used to shoot it in my basement as a kid for practice. Started getting worried about ventilation and toxic metal build up in the priming compound as I got older.

We also used to use Colibri's to shoot rats and opossums out of the graineries around the farm. They were quiet enough to not blow your ears when shooting in the cribs, and wouldn't damage the bins and silos. They DID, however, ricochet like an SOB since they didn't hit hard enough to splatter nor penetrate. "Rat shot" loads were a heck of a lot safer.
Nomercy448 is offline  
Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 PM
  #17  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 150
Default

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
100% agree. Really not sure what it's good for.

I used to shoot it in my basement as a kid for practice. Started getting worried about ventilation and toxic metal build up in the priming compound as I got older.

We also used to use Colibri's to shoot rats and opossums out of the graineries around the farm. They were quiet enough to not blow your ears when shooting in the cribs, and wouldn't damage the bins and silos. They DID, however, ricochet like an SOB since they didn't hit hard enough to splatter nor penetrate. "Rat shot" loads were a heck of a lot safer.
yea I cant hardly find any .22lr right now and saw these so I got them
blaZer_2 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.