Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Bcm ar15 new mine >

Bcm ar15 new mine

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bcm ar15 new mine

Old 07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bcm ar15 new mine

So I traded my f150 for a bcm ar15. 5.56 cal of course as well. First thing ill need is a sight. The guy removed the rear sight and put a scope on it then removed it. Idk why he sold the rear sites. It has a normall full size front sight. Though its a flat top rear.
Im thinking remove the front high sight replacing it with a front flip up and add the rear. Then a scope for long range. Can I keep the high stock fixed sight and add the flip up rear or would the front to high
Old 07-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your new rifle, they're a lot of fun you'll enjoy it. It's all a standard height, just buy the rear sight you want. Also, that's not just a front sight, it's your gas block. The front sight/gas block is held on with either set screws, clamping screws or it's a press fit, and it may or may not be pinned in place with tapered pins. If it's held on with set screws or clamped on, you can just buy a replacement low profile gas block and swap out the parts. If it's pressed on you will need a gunsmith with a hydraulic press to remove the sight that's on there.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe its pinned on. Tool marks make me beleive its been removed. Ik it was the gas block been so long since I had an ar I slipped up. We bought a preban the week before the ban lifted. Week after it lifted we bought another lol. Im gonna go with a flat top gas block I believe
Old 07-20-2014, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I noticed it says bsa on the lower but bcm for bravo company on the upper. Is bsa the same as bcm I find nothing googleing bsa ar15
Old 07-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

BSA (the optics and air rifle manufacturer) doesn't make AR lowers that I'm aware of. My google-fu is also failing to find any association between "BSA" and "AR" at the moment.

BCM does sell upper halves separately, however. I would suggest that there's a possibility that your lower is a mutt and your upper is BCM. Not that a mutt gun can't shoot, but it leaves you wondering what parts are in the guts of your lower?

Where is your upper marked "BCM"?

Caveat Emptor - "Let the buyer beware"
Old 07-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

The upper says bcm on the side at the top the chargeing handle and I believe somewhere else. I do know the guy said he had a higher end trigger installed. Imma be pissed at my self if it is. I noticed it and didnt think. He bought it new and give how he acted the add ons hes done I dont see him cheapin out the lower or lieing to me.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the "BCM" markings are engraved or stamped into the metal of the upper itself, it's probably legit. BCM makes charging handles - charging handles can be swapped out. Ignore any influence those markings might have had.

Mutt guns CAN have high-quality parts in them. The origin of your lower may forever remain a mystery. About all you can do is shoot it now.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Im gonna go with a flat top gas block I believe
The flat top gas block is another option. If you go with the flat top and use it to mount a folding front sight, you'll have to find a taller sight that's made for mounting on a gas block. The gas blocks don't line up with the top rail, it's slightly lower.

Is there any way to post pics of your new rifle? My first thought when you said BSA was maybe it's a PSA, they even sell factory blemished lowers. They are functionally perfect, but the laser engraving isn't just right or the anodizing isn't evenly colored inside and out.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is how Bravo Company "marks" their uppers.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-S...0-mi-ssk15.htm

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-21-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had trouble up loading here, so here are two I got, ill get some better ones tomorrow. http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/f...717_181841.jpg

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/f...717_181901.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.