Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best 7mm mag and scope to buy >

Best 7mm mag and scope to buy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best 7mm mag and scope to buy

Old 04-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Another great thread. The need to talk down to, try and humiliate and be condescending know it all's, has been filled again. Good job you guys!! Maybe we accomplished running off another new guy with his first thread! We should all be proud!
I have to respectfully disagree with this viewpoint.

I personally gave him input based on using a 7mm Mag since I was 13 years old, that means I've been using it for 37 years. The problem is he didn't want anyone to give him advice based on their field experience, he stated he wanted us to tell him what rifle to buy. When several, including myself pointed out the potential issues with that he said our information was WORTHLESS despite him admitting he has very little hunting experience!

When a newcomer asks for advice and then gets pouty and says the advice is worthless and just tell them what to do, I'm going to hoist the B.S. flag to the peak of the mast every time. I have personally taken 68 species of big game (more than 50 species with the caliber in question) and this guy is going to say my info is worthless? Sorry, I'm not going to let that slide.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

If that is what someone thought, then they should have called him out on it. Plain and simple.
Their lead in posts indicated a desire for advice. The following posts failed to continue in that direction.
Especially after they called some advice worthless. They then asked us to tell them what to do, instead of asking an opinion. Followed up by linking to a generic site, instead of a specific gun.

They cast a well baited line, got several good responses, and set the hook.
Here we are arguing about it.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
You have got to be kidding me!!!

You want me or one of these other guys to look at a website and determine which rifle is the best for you? Why don't we also go on a dating site and choose your wife for you while we're at it.
Say what you want flags but if you can't see this as condescending, then your not near as smart as you always act. I would have told you your advice was worthless also.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Say what you want flags but if you can't see this as condescending, then your not near as smart as you always act. I would have told you your advice was worthless also.
Lacking the context of the comment. You might even be right. But given the full context of the comment. You would in this case be wrong, again.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to edit my Ignore List to read all of the posts in this thread.

Some folks apparently get offended when others do not take their free advice to heart. I believe that Colorado Luckydog has a very valid point in his observation. As a group we sometimes take a "Holier than thou" attitude that probably turns away new participants.

NOTE TO OP: The Ignore list is in the User CP section located at the top left of your screen. It makes life easier.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
Lacking the context of the comment. You might even be right. But given the full context of the comment. You would in this case be wrong, again.
So it's okay to communicate with condescending statements, and talk down to folks as long as your point is right? Give me a break. That's freaking funny right there!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

So it's okay to communicate with condescending statements, and talk down to folks as long as your point is right? Give me a break. That's freaking funny right there!!!
HI, pot.

I'm, Kettle.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

HI, pot.

I'm, Kettle.

Good one!

Probably many of us are guilty of the same from time to time. I sure am.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

HI, pot.

I'm, Kettle.

Now that's really funny!!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there any way to find out whose ignore lists I'm on, or how many people have blocked you at least? Anybody wanna make some bets? Most members with you on their ignore list wins!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.