Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best 7mm mag and scope to buy >

Best 7mm mag and scope to buy

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best 7mm mag and scope to buy

Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

My 7 Mag is a Browning and I love it but if I had it to do over again I'd go with a Win Model 70 Extreme Weather SS with a Leupold VX2 3x9 Ultralight scope , mounted in Talley lightweight mounts.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Browning X-bolt and a Burris 6.5-20x50 is a very nice combo. It is my go to rifle but mine is a 300 WSM. Nothing wrong with the 7MM mag though. I think it's a good idea for you and your buddy to shoot the same ammo. My buddy and I do the same. I'll post a couple of links.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/52572

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/313...-reticle-matte
Old 04-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might add, I went to Sportsmans with 1500 bucks to buy the scope of my dreams for my new X-bolt in 300 WSM. I ended up with the Burris and a lot of cash left over. After couple of seasons and a few dead animals, I wouldn't change a thing.

Good Luck!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a *gasp* Bushnell 3-9 on my Mag. It does the job that I ask, and does it quite well.
I have had that combo for 10 years now, and have not had any problems with it.

The best advice you can get was posted at the bottom of the first page. Buy a decent gun and scope combo.
Then spend the rest on ammunition for practice.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most combo scopes are junk. They will hold zero for a while but the recoil on a 7mm mag will get to it one day. It could cost you a nice animal. If you buy a combo, put the scope on a 22, then get a good scope and a good set of rings.

There may be some combo scopes that are good but I would never trust one on my big game rifle.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Spike

Default Thank you everyone for all your responses

have been calling around gun shops in my area and most are out of stock of the 7mm magnums you have been suggesting. This local shop Northwest Armory is probably going to be where Im going to purchase the gun.. they have the largest selection of available rifles at there warehouse i can just have it shipped to my local shop and have them install the scope and such.. If any of you guys have time could you look at this website and choose the best 7mm magnum and scope. . explain why you think its the best... whatever you guys choose Im probably going to go with that. Price range now $1000- for rifle, $700- for scope Thanks for the help!
Here is the website:

https://www.nwarmory.com/

Last edited by oregonhunting; 04-01-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

The first one you had a kink to the remington 700 extreme condition 2 in 7mm rem would be a fine rifle also the last one you have a link to in 7mm stw. That would be my choice out of the three you have links to. My 7mm rem is a ruger Mark 2. I absolutely love it, my nephews is a a wood stock 700 adl. Any remington 700 would be a good choice. The first one you have a link to is a nice rifle. I like the last one in 7 stw. But as a said earlier factory ammo is limited and can not be had at stores like Wal-Mart. The 7mm rem is a flat shooting hard hitting round. I have 13 rem 700, every one is a good shooter. Gunsmith like working on them and their is mainly extras and parts available for them. For scopes I mainly have leupold vx 1 3-9x40 in leupold bases and rings.

Last edited by Bbj270; 04-01-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Spike

thank you,
is there a scope and mounts you would recommend for this rifle?
Also, its very wet and rainy here in Oregon. so something that can handle the elements well.

Originally Posted by Bbj270
The first one you had a kink to the remington 700 extreme condition 2 in 7mm rem would be a fine rifle also the last one you have a link to in 7mm stw. That would be my choice out of the three you have links to. My 7mm rem is a ruger Mark 2. I absolutely love it, my nephews is a a wood stock 700 adl.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had this choice it would be the CDL SF with a Leupold VX3 3.5X10 40MM Duplex matte finish.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by oregonhunting
have been calling around gun shops in my area and most are out of stock of the 7mm magnums you have been suggesting. This local shop Northwest Armory is probably going to be where Im going to purchase the gun.. they have the largest selection of available rifles at there warehouse i can just have it shipped to my local shop and have them install the scope and such.. If any of you guys have time could you look at this website and choose the best 7mm magnum and scope. . explain why you think its the best... whatever you guys choose Im probably going to go with that. Price range now $1000- for rifle, $700- for scope Thanks for the help!
Here is the website:

https://www.nwarmory.com/
Get off your but, go down to the shop and decide for yourself. We are not going to be shooting this gun, you might be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.