Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best 7mm mag and scope to buy >

Best 7mm mag and scope to buy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best 7mm mag and scope to buy

Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
HI, pot.

I'm, Kettle.

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Now that's really funny!!
Its the most honest post in the last few.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Maq Attaq
Don't discard the tikka. the action on it and trigger are extremely smooth. I'm partial to Leopold scopes, I would go with a vx3 4.5 x 12 x 50. For your budget, you'll be able to get this set up in stainless steel with scope, rings and a case...

Good luck
I like this set up. Stainless for your kind of weather up there, which means a little less maintenance. Great action. Nice glass. I don't know how much you like recoil. But some 7's have less then others. I like dual dove tail bases. I really do not like windage screws. Some others can probably help with that set up. I drop my gun when I slip and fall, my gun is still on. I don't have to worry about knocking it off. There should be a pawn shop that may have something you can shoulder. Otherwise , I guess take the chance on ordering the one you want. Practice and go shoot you an elk!!! Good luck!! Really think about stainless for your neck of the woods!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Say what you want flags but if you can't see this as condescending, then your not near as smart as you always act. I would have told you your advice was worthless also.
Nope. Because if you had the courage or the decency to post the entire thing, rather than just the intro to the post, you would see where I gave about 5 or 6 reasons why a man can no more pick a rifle for anyone else than he can pick a wife for anyone else. That was my point which you either missed or are intentionally ignoring. By the way, this is the part you left out:

It is impossible for someone to choose a good rifle for someone else. We don't know how long your arms are. We don't know how heavy a rifle you like. We don't know if you prefer a wood stock or a composite stock. We don't know if you like the trigger. We don't know if you like the balance. We don't know if the stock fits you well. Those and a lot more go into choosing a rifle you're serious about using.
If you also think is is worthless, which your post above suggest, then you aren't any brighter than the OP is. So, do you have an axe to grind or are you just grasping at straws? By the way, I wasn't the only one to tell him that and he immediately went into pout mode. Face it, the OP was either a plant for the gun joint he was pushing or a lazy youth that wants others to make decisions for him. I'm not buying his line of B.S. any more than I'm buying your line.

Last edited by flags; 04-08-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Nope. Because if you had the courage or the decency to post the entire thing, rather than just the intro to the post, you would see where I gave about 5 or 6 reasons why a man can no more pick a rifle for anyone else than he can pick a wife for anyone else. That was my point which you either missed or are intentionally ignoring. By the way, this is the part you left out:

If you also think is is worthless, which your post above suggest, then you aren't any brighter than the OP is. So, do you have an axe to grind or are you just grasping at straws? By the way, I wasn't the only one to tell him that and he immediately went into pout mode. Face it, the OP was either a plant for the gun joint he was pushing or a lazy youth that wants others to make decisions for him. I'm not buying his line of B.S. any more than I'm buying your line.
Bottom line is, you talk to people on the internet different than you would in person and your full of yourself. You were condescending and flat rude. That's why the OP responded the way he did. It's not your information that was worthless, it's the way you said it. You wouldn't be that way in person to the OP or myself. That's just the way it is with you internet cowboys.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bottom line is, you talk to people on the internet different than you would in person
Nope. I am the same here as I am in person. Bottom line I really don't care what you think. The OP was clueless and I notice he hasn't been back which also means he wasn't for real. If he wasn't a plant, he wouldn't have left.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Nope. I am the same here as I am in person. Bottom line I really don't care what you think. The OP was clueless and I notice he hasn't been back which also means he wasn't for real. If he wasn't a plant, he wouldn't have left.

You can't bottom line my bottom line. My bottom line was first! LMAO!

I think he was probably SPAM for the website he posted and there was probably no harm in this thread. But if you think for a minute that new guys don't quit the site because of smart ass comments that are made, then you need to think again.(Hear the crickets?) I have seen it happen over and over for years around here and it really chaps my hide. Oh well, it is what it is. Waiting for this place to make a come back is a pipe dream anyway. Lets just run everyone off. IDGAF!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW.........................!

What was the thread about again ?? LOL