Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
model 1917 remington in 300 hh >

model 1917 remington in 300 hh

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

model 1917 remington in 300 hh

Old 03-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default model 1917 remington in 300 hh

I came across this barreled action.its a 1950s job with side scope mount it waa never used much after being rechambered.anyone know where i can get the bottom metal.IM going to put ot together and trade it.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

just swapped it for a dang nice m96 mauser.now if i can find a 7x57 ill be set
Old 03-26-2014, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Win. 1917 that was made into a sporting rifle. They had straightened the trigger guard, ground off the origional sight ears and put a Lyman receiver peep on it. It had the origional barrel, but it was 24" with a ramp sight. It was an accurate rifle, I liked it but it was heavy. My son has it now. I also have parts for a M38 Swede, I bought them years ago when I could get a new barrel. I need to find a trigger guard tho, the one I have is one of those hinged Spanish jobs off of another military job. It does not fit the stock that I had made, I think the origional Swede guard will. I also have a 1908 Brazilian Mauser in 7X57. Those were beautiful guns when they were new, mine has seen a lot of handling but the bore is very good. The wood is beat up tho. At one time these old guns were plentiful and could be bought fairly cheap. I don't shoot these old guns, but I like to have them around. Try Gunparts Corp. if you need parts and say Hi to my cousins in Tangent.