Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger American Rimfire Recall >

Ruger American Rimfire Recall

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger American Rimfire Recall

Old 02-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Exclamation Ruger American Rimfire Recall

Didn't know if anybody had seen this or not http://www.ruger.com/RugerAmericanRi...all/index.html
Old 02-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang, I'm a Ruger guy, but a QC screw up for that long a time is not good and makes you wonder how something like that could go undetected for 9,000 rifles that went out the door!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to guess it just took that long for it to start showing up as design failure over a isolated problem with just one gun. 9,000 isn't that many in the scheme of things.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Typical Buck

I don't understand this issue. Many 22WM and 17HMR rifles from manufacturers do not have this added feature? Are they going to start drilling vent holes in center fire rifles for bore obstructions? Haha good luck with that. I would suggest not putting your finger over the hole plugging your barrel and testing this.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackelk
I don't understand this issue. Many 22WM and 17HMR rifles from manufacturers do not have this added feature? Are they going to start drilling vent holes in center fire rifles for bore obstructions? Haha good luck with that. I would suggest not putting your finger over the hole plugging your barrel and testing this.
This is probably lawyer-driven. Many of the centerfire rifles I own have a vent drilled into the receiver or bolt to vent gases away from the shooter in the event of a ruptured case, but I also have a number of centerfire rifles that don't have this feature.

I'm guessing that somewhere in the plans for the American Rimfire Magnums is that there's to be a vent hole, whether it's needed or not. If they let anything out of the factory that doesn't look like it met the specs of plans the company uses, and someone gets hurt, that's one of the first things they'll look at.