Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Has anyone been able to get any 22lr ammo? >

Has anyone been able to get any 22lr ammo?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Has anyone been able to get any 22lr ammo?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I refuse to buy any .22s, only what my guns prefer and it happens to be CCI MiniMag hollow points...
I'll second this. I have a few thousand rounds of "off brand" stuff that I've picked up over the years in case we can't get it anymore at some point, but I only shoot 1) CCI Minimag's for hunting and 2) Remington Golden Bullet Bulk Crap for general nonsense. The bulk Remingtons are accurate, and function better than any of the other bulk crap, so even though I hate getting "gold thumb" and they run pretty dirty, that's all I usually buy. I've been buying a bit of other stuff lately just because it's hard to find it, but I don't buy anything in 50rnd boxes, just a waste of my time (except the Minimags, of course).

I shot some this weekend, only had about 3500rnds left in the locker of Remingtons, and I'm out of Minimags, so I'm not hugely motivated to seek them out right now. Hopefully things clear up in the next couple months and we get back to normal by fall.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I had the opposite of the remington golden bullet 22 they did nit run in any of my semi autos with out jaming a lest one magizen full. and they where not accurate in any of my guns I tired them in. I use the federal bulk in most of my 22. if I see the bulk remington I don't buy them to just buy them. only ferderals or win super x.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen .22 ammo last week while reloading supplies were out. Typical for this time of the year in my neck of the woods.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

iv had real good luck with rem. golden bullets their more acurate than me, I shoot plates at 125 yards... but I dont know about running good in semi-autos because i use a single shot bolt action.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most important thing for me choosing the Remington Golden Bullets is that I RARELY find one that fails to fire, will guarantee that it's less than one per box, as I've put up a few 1,500 round saturdays without a single fail to fire. They're dirty, so if you're not running wet, you might see jams, but in over a dozen 10/22's, 7 or 8 Marlin 60's, and a half dozen Ruger Mark II's, a Beretta Neos, and 4 Browning Buckmark's, I've had as good luck running them for feeding as any other brand.

I'll never shoot federals again. I see about about a 3% fail to fire rate from Federals, which doesn't seem like much, but when you burn up 1,500 rounds in a day and have 45 failures, that's not excusable.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

I have the opposite the remington fails to fire about 1 out of ten. I tried to different box's and everywhere about 1 out of 10 didn't fire out of different guns. know others that had same results. heard some with great results. my gun Smith uses the winchester 333 but haven't seen them in stores.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

For those who for whatever reason can't get Rocks method to work here's a place you can find them online.

You have to keep checking as the cheaper stuff sells out first... IMO some of the stuff available is pretty dang expensive.

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/