Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 700sps vs remington model 7 synthetic >

Remington 700sps vs remington model 7 synthetic

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700sps vs remington model 7 synthetic

Old 01-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Spike

Default Remington 700sps vs remington model 7 synthetic

I am looking to buy a new gun. I want a 243 but can't decide if I want the remington 700 sps camo or the remington model 7 synthetic compact. One concern I had was the matte color of the model 7 barrel. I was wanting to buy a laminated stock if I got the model 7 but I don't know how the glossy stock will look with a matte barrel.
Any advice on either of these guns would be appreciated.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

I have a older youth model seven and love it has a full size synthetic stoke on it right now it has the 18" barrel. I have a model 700 mountain rifle.with matte barrel that I put boyds thumb whole laminated stock on it it looks great. If you are looking for a compact rifle get the model seven.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Model 7 is the same as a 700, just a bit shorter. A lot more aftermarket stuff for the 700...
Old 01-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Proud owner of a 700 SPS DM in .243 win.

Might just be one of the most accurate guns I have.

Zero complaints !!!

75 gr. Hornady V-max for coyotes and 95 gr. Hornady SST for deer.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

The model seven is a bit different then the 700, like the way the floor plate opens witch I like better then the 700. But over all they are the same. The model seven is harder to find where I am from. Stores can't keep them stock only seen a handful of used one's. Did see one last week used but it they wanted $100 less then new retail and that was at cabelas.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bbj270
The model seven is a bit different then the 700, like the way the floor plate opens witch I like better then the 700. But over all they are the same. The model seven is harder to find where I am from. Stores can't keep them stock only seen a handful of used one's. Did see one last week used but it they wanted $100 less then new retail and that was at cabelas.

Used short-action (SA) Remingtons are hard to find almost anywhere due to the fact that they are probably the most popular action out there today to use for a custom build, particularly the BDL and CDL styles. They come with the drop floorplate, trigger guard, magazine box and follower, some things that are increasingly hard to round up at gun shows anymore, and downright bank-breaking to buy from the factory.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pawildman
Used short-action (SA) Remingtons are hard to find almost anywhere due to the fact that they are probably the most popular action out there today to use for a custom build, particularly the BDL and CDL styles. They come with the drop floorplate, trigger guard, magazine box and follower, some things that are increasingly hard to round up at gun shows anymore, and downright bank-breaking to buy from the factory.
Yup, that's why I want someone close to an Academy to pick up a $379 ADL for me...
Old 01-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

I am the very happy owner of 1.....2...3...4......5.....ok, a few 700's...including one in 243 and love it. As someone else already noted, they are basically the same gun but there are more aftermarket options for the 700's. Hard to beat a 700!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Spike

ok thanks guys. So I have another question. If I get the model 7 and decide to get a laminated stock for it, Boyds stocks has a Remington model 7 short action magnum stock but they do not have the regular short action. Would this stock fit a 243? I know that the barrel on the magnum will probly be a little thicker so I didn't know if it would work.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

The Boyd stock I got formy mountain rifle fit fine, didn't have to have it free floated. It shoots great in that stock. The magnum model sevens had 22" the standard newer model sevens have 20" barrels. Call them they should know if it will work they were helpful when I had questions before I ordered. Gandermountain in york pa had probably 10 remington 700 adl combos in 243 and a couple in 223 for $480. I got 13 rem 700 and one model seven.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.